New welshy here :)

Simaroon

Reaction score
Hello all.

Im currently on the look out for an a4 avant, budget is limiting me to a b6 chassis.

Ive currently got a Honda civic daily and a rx7 as the 'toy'. I'm looking at replacing the civic now, Im still undecided on whether to get the 1.9 derv or the 1.8 petrol, I'm also not very familiar with Audi spec and trim levels, so I've ended up here to have a good look about and to research some problems and suggestions :)

Any input welcome.

Time to get searching :)

Hi, Welcome to Audi-Sport.Net. If you have a read in the faqs thread at the top of the page in the A4 B6 chassis, you will find lots of good information. If you want to get to know some of the others in your area, just have a look in the link below, this is where events and meets are organised. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Wales

Welcomeand enjoy the forum. So what are you after? Economy or not? There aresome great examples of B6's on here. Good car to mod.

Hi both, thanks for the welcomes :)

Sarah, a bit of economy would be nice :) I don't want a s4, something averaging 30mpg and fairly reliable would suit me fine, I'm changing from the civic as I also want a bit more luxury, leather seats, all electrics etc
i would go with what ever has the most reliability and less to go wrong between the diesel and petrol, I've read that the 1.9 tdi's have lots of problems, mileage would also be an issue to stay within budget it would probably be in the high 100's, where as petrol seems to be low hundreds for the same money.

Any advice appreciated, nice pics btw :)

Yeah I see where you are coming from. I'd prefer a higher mileage diesel any day. As long as its got full service history etc. We've had quite a few of the 19 tdi's and not had any real issues. But I had loads on the 2.0 tdi. The petrols we had again only had minor things but we get bored easily so have changed cars alot lol. Some have had turbo issues on the petrol engines if the have mapped them. You are probably best popping in the B6 forum and having a read.

:sign_welcome:

Go for the 1.9PD diesel or the petrol 1.8t.. The 1.8 N/A is a bit strangled in something like a B6