New A3 S Line sportback member. Looking for some wiring advice?? Hello too!

Claron2000

Reaction score
Good afternoon guys and girls.. (Assuming you have girls on here??) I was wondering if any of you guys would know if there is an accessory circuit on the A3 sportback for the connection of flashing lights to the rear of the vehicle.. Don't worry guys, they're not blue ones!! I am toying with the idea of wiring an accessory circuit to the rear switched from the front dash somewhere, but before I do this, I'm questioning if there were spares on the loom specifically for this purpose? It will be a 12V socket mounted high in the boot, switched from the dash. The light, magnet array of LED's will have to be detachable.

I know some vehicles have all of the extras built into the loom and it's down to the purchaser from new to specify these sorts of things but I cannot remember if I requested this option when buying from new or the dealer suggested it would be an after-market mod if you like? I think that may of been the case from memory..

I did have £9k's worth of extras fitted to her and she's a beauty but she's three years old now so I am not that bothered about pulling her around a little outside of the Audi garage to do some little tweaks.

I am a Street lighting engineer and I have just started a new contract with a local authority in my area (Nr Bristol) and I need to get some amber LED's running as a matter of urgency. I do not want the spiralled cord (you normally have associated with these devices) stretched through the vehicle for obvious reasons so any advice on wires in the loom, spare relay's etc would be invaluable.

Well it leaves me to say, hello's to everyone on here, I will endeavour to post all my vehicle stat's soon and post some pic's of her. She is perttttyyy!! :yum: ok just sneaked one in below!!

Gary C
Bristol

aka Claron2000

https://plus.google.com/photos/1050...ms/5770556736513838417?authkey=CMeLjNXgj7neRA

Last edited:
Good afternoon Gary, welcome to Audi.Sport.Net. Have a read over on the A3 section of the forum, lots of info in the faqs threads at the top of the page. Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

Blimey, good job I did write "Guys and Girls" !! And you're a mod! "erator" that is not the vespa type :)

Nice to meet you on the ether!!

G

Blimey, good job I did write "Guys and Girls" !! And you're a mod! "erator" that is not the vespa type :)

Nice to meet you on the ether!!

G

Yes, im a moderator, lol, look forward to you contributing :) x