My first Audi

Adm29

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Adam, I have just bought my first Audi. It's an A3, 1.8 1997.

I love driving it already but have a few questions as I'm not sure what I should be looking out for.

The car has only covered 63K miles which only 10k in the last 8 years.

It has a full year MOT and passed with no advisories.

It's due a service and the cam belt has not been changed yet. Is there anything else that I should consider changing or looking at the condition of?

I plan to keep the car as standard as I can, but if there up upgrades that I should consider please advise me.

There is a strange noise coming from under the bonnet when I start the car when it's cold. This lasts for 2 or 3 seconds then goes. It is like a scratching/scrapping sound.

Also, the steering feels a little loose - when I turn the wheel in the opposite direction it feels a little lumpy.

Finally the driver door is having problems closing. It catches but you have to pull it shut after it catches.

If you have any advise I would love to hear from you, sorry if I sound like a novice - I am!

Cheers,
Adam

Good evening Adam, welcome to Audi.Sport.Net. Any pics? Head over to the A3 8P section, have a read through the faqs threads at the top of the page, lts of useful information in there. Enjoy the forum:) :) x

​Nice car Adam. X