Newbie down in cornwall

JohnyD

Reaction score
Greetings from sunny(??!) cornwall!

I just bought a 2000 registered S3 last weekend and have already gleened a lot of information from this forum. When I bought the car I knew it had a couple of classic S3 issues but they were only minor ie - electric window clips, and one blown speaker. The rest of the car is mint and am loving it so far. I used to have a 2L16v nova years ago and the S3 isn't quite as fast but the leather seats and the fact it actually goes round corners more than makes up for it!

After driving it round for a week or so I've noticed it also has the other classic S3 problem of over-revving when changing gear but I am onto it, going to try and replace the clutch switch tomorrow.

From my reading on here it sounds like I will need to start investing in lots of new plastic clips and possibly a VCDS system!

Anyone else on here from pasty-land?

Cheers,

John.

Hi john, welcome to ASN. Any pics of the car? Head over to the A3 8L section of the forum. Read the faqs threads at the top of the page, lots of information in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Thanks!

All I have at the moment are the pics the previous owner took for the advert:
$(KGrHqJHJCIE-pUw2Uf8BP2yQ3cJjQ~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJDYE-87eZ,SGBP2yQ3npO!~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqNHJ!sE+Nif0(JLBP2yRzMFsg~~60_57.JPG

She is pretty much completely standard which is exactly what I was after.

I sorted the electric windows out yesterday - £12 and 4 hours to change all 4 clips and now they work perfectly. Turns out I ordered a plastic clip for the clutch switch instead of the actual switch so didn't manage to do that but hopefully next weekend.

I am slowly getting used to driving her, I was really worried a couple of days ago when I turned off the engine and could hear this weird noise under the bonnet. I looked on here and found out there's an electric pump that's meant to do that!

Thanks for the pics, its a nice looking car. Glad you got your windows working properly. This forum is really good for members as where else do you get all the knowledge and advise free from a huge amount of such friendly people. I hope you continue to enjoy your time on the forum. :) x

Greetings from sunny(??!) cornwall!

I just bought a 2000 registered S3 last weekend and have already gleened a lot of information from this forum. When I bought the car I knew it had a couple of classic S3 issues but they were only minor ie - electric window clips, and one blown speaker. The rest of the car is mint and am loving it so far. I used to have a 2L16v nova years ago and the S3 isn't quite as fast but the leather seats and the fact it actually goes round corners more than makes up for it!

After driving it round for a week or so I've noticed it also has the other classic S3 problem of over-revving when changing gear but I am onto it, going to try and replace the clutch switch tomorrow.

From my reading on here it sounds like I will need to start investing in lots of new plastic clips and possibly a VCDS system!

Anyone else on here from pasty-land?

Cheers,

John.

Hi John, I live near Liskeard , I'm prawns father. Check out the build thread on here. Where are you in the county. Cheers

Hi, I just checked out the nurberg ring thread, looked like a lucky escape. Lovely looking car, I hope he can get it all back up together again without too much hassle.

I'm right down the end on the lizard peninsular, near helston, getting frustrated with all the tourists driving reeeally slowly everywhere!

Cheers,

John.

Hell the Lizard is almost another planet away. As for the car, leaving the road at 140mph is not advised with only 2 metres to the barrier.
Its almost certain that the off side rear clipped the slippery white line with the car turning ever so slightly to the left. The rest is history. All the damaged suspension has been sourced and will be completed this weekend. Taking this opportunity to upgrade the suspension. Only bodywork to finish. Just goes to show that safety and build quality are the tops for track use. I wish you well with your car.

cheers Alan