AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

new with deposit on a a3 3.2 with 18's

hi guys just put down a deposit on a.... sure its ( daytona grey ) a3 3.2 sportback with dsg and all other goodies i think apart from xenons. I have been a astra vxr man for a couple of years had 2 of them , then had bmw 1 series 118 d m sport for the last year but failed to fall in love with it, then i have been looking at audi s3 sportbacks but cant afford the 17k so i was then after a mk5 golf r32 then tonight as luck has it i get a sportback with the 3.2 engine, can anybody give me any clues tips to look out for im aare of the 40k hdlex oil change which has just been done and cars sitting at 39k so all good,

later on once i get the dear road tax out the way i will be looking to get xenons and s3 sideskirts which i here are a pain to fit?

cheers stu

2. # ADS
    ADS

Sideways

Status
    If you fit xenons you'll need headlight washers too I think, and test it out for the 2k hesitation. Try and hold revs around the 2k mark while driving and see if it stutters. Don't expect to tune for massive power unless you have a massive wallet to match, but I love mine, and think I'm going for an exhaust and remap soon to amplify the wonderful v6 tune. Just need to decide which combo. I've got a manual, but apparently the dsg is wonderful. Welcome along, and post some pics when you've got it. There are loads of threads on the 3.2 if you use the search and don't mind reading through.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by discostu49 View Post
    hi guys just put down a deposit on a.... sure its ( daytona grey ) a3 3.2 sportback with dsg and all other goodies i think apart from xenons. I have been a astra vxr man for a couple of years had 2 of them , then had bmw 1 series 118 d m sport for the last year but failed to fall in love with it, then i have been looking at audi s3 sportbacks but cant afford the 17k so i was then after a mk5 golf r32 then tonight as luck has it i get a sportback with the 3.2 engine, can anybody give me any clues tips to look out for im aare of the 40k hdlex oil change which has just been done and cars sitting at 39k so all good,

later on once i get the dear road tax out the way i will be looking to get xenons and s3 sideskirts which i here are a pain to fit?

cheers stu
    Hi stu, welcome to ASN. As Paul has already said, use the search facilities in here for lots of useful information. Post a pic of the car when you get it. Enjoy the forum. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Neutral

Status
    love mine I have a 3.2 with dsg , also like the kick down from 6th gear to 3rd gear.

2nd Gear

Status
    oh yeah damn i forgot about the washers,,

not going to tune mine apart from exhaust but at a later date.
    getting 3 month warrenty but have done my research on the hadlex issues and they are fully aware of it as they sell r32 all the time

dealer just called its got bose sound sysyem aswell