Hello from port talbot south Wales

Dj_rgr

Reaction score
Hi, I am a newbie on here and I own a Audi a3 2.0 tdi sport and a vw beetle 1303 karmann convertible.
After owning my a3 for 4 years I have just started to tidy it up a bit, so far I have vinyl wrapped both grilles in matt black and just fitted a defi turbo boost gauge it the drivers side dash vent, and I have also carried out a double din sat nat conversion.

The next thing I plan on doing is putting on some decent coil overs and hopefully fitting some Porsche cup twist wheels to it very soon.
has anyone seen any pics of an a3 with Porsche twist wheels and does anyone know if they will fit as the offset is so different on these wheels, I may go with adapters and use original wheels ( 2 sets of fronts ) or I may try and get some replicas, what's everyone's opinion of these wheels on an a3?
Can anyone also help me with a query on my boost gauge please?, I am not to sure where to plumb the boost gauge pipe onto under the bonnet, so I have fitted a t piece to the turbo actuator pipe, the gauge is reading 6 bar on tickover and the highest the gauge shows is 0 bar between gear changes when driven hard. Is this the right place to connect the boost gauge pipe to as I know where to plumb boost gauges to a petrol but am a bit unsure with a diesel.
thanks in advance to anyone who can give me some advice.
roger..

​Hi Roger, welcome to ASN. Have a look over the A3 section and have a read in the faqs threads. Pop a post up for advise. Everyone is really friendly. Any pics of your cars? Enjoy the forum. :) x

​Hi Roger, welcome to ASN. Have a look over the A3 section and have a read in the faqs threads. Pop a post up for advise. Everyone is really friendly. Any pics of your cars? Enjoy the forum. :) x
Hi Sandra, thanks for the welcome message. As soon as I take some pics off my face book page I will post them up here of my cars.

Hi Sandra, thanks for the welcome message. As soon as I take some pics off my face book page I will post them up here of my cars.

look forward to seeing them. :) x

Just posted some pics to my profile, will take some more of the a3 over weekend when its been cleaned :~)

Very nice roger. Love both the cars. :) x