Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 3.2 Quattro, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

Good evening everyone,

ive just joined this forum as im trying to find out as much as i can about an A3 3.2 Quattro sport that ive seen for sale. Its a 54 plate with 47,000 miles on it with FSH.

How reliable are these cars as i can imagine if they were to go wrong with anything they will be expensive to put right and also how much is it to fill with fuel and how far does a full tank get you. I know someone who had the A4 3.2 Quattro what was only getting 9mpg around town.

Now unfortunately 75% of my driving is about 15 miles a day to and from work in 30/40mph zones and little blast in a 60mph.

Can someone please help me here as i dont want to buy it until ive found out as much as i can

Many thanks

Damion

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Hi Damion, welcome to ASN. Have a look over in the A3 section, there are faqs threads at the top of the page full of lots of good information. Post up a thread and i am sure the guys will give you some good advice as well. Enjoy the forum.

Sideways

Status
    Maybe you should look more along the lines of this. Newer, better fuel economy, and only slightly dearer.Click here to view the advert on Auto Trader

Sent from my iPhone

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

Neutral

Status
    mine will do about 22-23 knocking about . I got 29 on the motorway mate. I love it

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Hi Damion, welcome to the forum.

Ive had my 3.2 quattro for just over 2 years and love it to bits. So much so I brought it with me when we emigrated to Australia last year.

Yes if things go wrong they are expensive to fix but so are most Audis. As well as the FSH, check that the DSG and Haldex oils have been changed. Also make sure the gears are smooth with no knocking etc esp in reverse. If the mechatronic goes its megga pounds. Some of the earlier 3.2s around the age you are looking at (mine included) had issues with hesitation around the 2k rev mark. This can be fixed with an update from Audi. There is a very detailed thread on this in the 8P section. Its a long read but worth it.

I can get 22 -28 mpg on short runs but I am heavy footed as I love driving the car. On longer runs I can get 30+ esp over here in the heat.

Its always a big decision buying a car and there are never any guarantees. Check it out as best you can and if you do choose to go ahead you will love it and smile like the Cheshire cat each time you take her out.

Good luck.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread