Mass airflow sensor/ Intake manifold flap

markj1974

Reaction score
Hi, new to this so bear with me !!!! Got an audi A3 2.0 tdi, A light came on about a month ago, looked in the manual and said emission control system fault, been told its an engine management light since. Had someone come out out and plug his laptop thingy into the car and the fault that appeared was the intake manifold flap was not opening/shutting correctly. New intake manifold flap part bought from cardiff audi (£360) and fitted, thought the light would go out but still on !!!! noticed the fuse (F7) had blown, put a new fuse in and was hoping the light would go out !!!! But nope still on !!! Had the same guy come out again, plugged in the laptop for the faults and it is coming up 16486 mass flow sensor-g70 signal too low P0102 !!! Light has been on permanently for about a month now, Is it worth me taking this sensor out and cleaning it myself with a rubbing alchohol ? Will this clear the light ? Any info would be much appreciated !!!

Hi, welcome to ASN. Whete are you located? What year is your car? Any pics? Have a look over in th a3 section. When I know what year your car is I will be able to help you more. Enjoy the forum. :)

Hi, I am located in Cardiff, south Wales, have a 2.0 tdi a3 sline, 54 plate.Thanks Sandra, just trying to work out how to use this forum, will try & post a pic.