A SEAT owner.. lost maybe?

Ronin225

SEAT owner
Reaction score
Hi
Currently have a mk1 leon cupra r in the process of being stroked and going big turbo
Recently bought an S3 to break for the haldex and going to try and make a 4wd LCR
Joined hopefully for advice and help on the haldex control as not much info on the SEAT sites, so be gentle if my questions seem a bit slow

Hi, welcome to ASN. Have a look over the A3 section, there are threads at the top of the page, you may find some info in there. Enjoy the forum. :)

Hi Ronin
Welcome to ASN
They did do a 4x4 Leon iirc but your cannibalising a beloved S3 lol
Plenty of know how here.

My god that's going to be a big job!!

Good luck!!

Thanks for the welcome.
The leon only came in a 4x4 version on the continent unfortunately so would have to do a RHD conversion anyway if i were to find one.
With regard to the S3 it had a broken engine anyway so take comfort in the fact i didnt kill a good one
I do have a readers ride on another forum (SCN) if anyone had far too much time on their hands

Out of interest how much floor pan modification do you envisage will be required to get the propshaft and rear diff in alongside the exhaust? Will be epic if you pull it off! Imagine it's still tough as I never saw it done in my stint as SCN!

We all have far too much time :) post a link

A name from the past there mr cox.
Upto the rear seats the car is exactly the same floor pan and subframe wise
Luckily someone has started this just before me (giving me the idea) and has already cut and welded the floor parts in but as of yet the electronic side is untrodden terriotry and my main reason for looking here.
I've got my hands on a haldex training guide and keep coming across a reference to the unit J220 which seems to be the ECU.
Just not sure if i can use LCR ECU or need S3 ECU and many other questions.
What are the rules on selling parts here too as i've seen the classifieds but dont want to just blast a thread up if you're not meant to, i have 80% of an S3 to get rid of

Wow nice conversion! I'm fairly certain the haldex unit communicates with the ecu, I would be looking at using the whole s3 loom if I were you.

As for the rear beam to independent conversion, if your handy at light fab work and welding, I reckon you shouldnt have much trouble! Iv been helping a mate but a s13 rear subframe on a ford Capri recently, and it certainly wasn't too difficult. Its been fairly easy to be honest, and your at an advantage that the cars are based on each other.

Although I think if I were doing the conversion I would be looking at using 8P engine and running gear.

I do machine maintenance for a job so i'm used to blasting a bit of pidgeon ****e down to hold things together
I need to take the S3 apart a little more to see how the loom goes and how it differs from the leon.
As far as using the newer 2 litre stratified engines i've got lots of new parts for the 1.8t coming, many from the US.
I'm waiting on the rest of my 2008cc stroker kit, SEM inlet and many other nice internal bling bits, add to that the GT2871R setup i've had for over a year waiting to go on

Nice meeting you last night Tim, the Leon was looking sweet! I think you should copy your build thread over to here, would love to see the progress you make.

Welcome along. Wow big project and plenty to get your teeth into. Good luck with it, keep us posted