Ello everyone!

cjsuk

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm not an Audi virgin anymore! Bought my A3 T Sport (1.8T) 2001 this weekend, and i'm rather impressed.

Anyway just thought i'd say hello

So .......... HELLO! ...

Carl

Hi Carl, welcome to ASN. Post some pics of the car. Have a look over on the A3 section of the forum for any info or help. Be warned, the guys/girls will have you modding soon, so hold on tight to your wallet. Enjoy the forum.

I allready have plans lol, I will get some piccys on as soon as I tidy her up.

Thanks Carl

Only plans at moment are 007p dv, stage1 remap and induction (poss convert stock box) and some nice alloys to set it off and a good polish n wax.

Hi Carl, welcome to ASN. Post some pics of the car. Have a look over on the A3 section of the forum for any info or help. Be warned, the guys/girls will have you modding soon, so hold on tight to your wallet. Enjoy the forum.

Here is a piccy :)

SAM_1411.jpg

Cheers guys, shes not too bad for 11 yrs old body wise couple of small dents apparentley from the blokes wife from when she found out he was playing away pmsl (yes i laughed at the bloke upon purchasing).

This is my 1st turbo car, i have driven turbo and chipped vans (yes chipped company vans!) for the past 13 years and cant beleive how petrol turbo acts so differently on the road.

You notice the lag more in petrol but by eck, you can feel the turbo pull when it kicks in!

One thing i was a little miffed at was that I havent given her any welly untill last night and there was a 52 plate mondeo tdci at the lights with a chav in the front seat. Natrually I thought i would own him but, i diddnt! He flew! I dont know if it was me (not used to turbo) or the car or maybe i'm used to my old corsa C20XE which eaten most cars lol.

Cheers

Carl

Right guys this weekend I bought some 18" Mania wheels used from gumtree £100 need a refirb (blistering edges) and the best bit, I was at the scrappy getting a new seat for our lasses 206, saw a MK4 Golf just in and the bloke was checking it over, he opened the bonnet and there was the 1.8t engine just staring at me the bloke started it and it worked, when he moved to the next car i took a peek under the plastic cover and I only spotted a forge 007p lol. I asked the bloke if it was ok to take bits off the cars just in and he said yes!.

So I took off the dv went to pay for it bloke said "what is it?" , I told him it was just a shiney diverter, he said "er £15", Get in!

£115 of luck so far for my mods.

Fitted the 007p after cleaning it and the car is totally different, I think the stock one must have been naffed. Its pulls hard and smooth and is just like I have a different car to the other day whooo hooo lol (can a dv really make much difference).

Fitted my 18" wheels with one problem, the brake pad edge was rubbing on the drivers side where the wheel meets the hub, took the wheel back off and tapped the pad in to the caliper as i guessed it wasnt seated right, put the wheel back on and all is well :).

So next to sort induction out then the remap which i doubt i can get done at the scrappy lol.

Hiya and welcome. Nice looking car you have there and wow some bargain buys too. Get a build thread started when you can.