Newbie From Walsall (West Mids)

bigmoylan

Reaction score
Hi All.

I'm James from the West Midlands

Thought I'd sign up to the forum as I am currently looking for an Audi S3 (Mk1??) 1.8T 20V either with the APY or BAM engine I dont really mind.

Not sure what else to say :)

Cheers

welcome to asn mate!!

where abouts in w. mids are you?

good luck with the car hunt, it'll deffo be worth the time and effort :)

I'm from Walsall,

I'ts proving so difficult to find a decent car at the moment.

and I cant put a wanted thread up on here.

I've phoned for that are within my price and travel distance range only to be told "sorry a deposit has just been taken." or words to that effect.

My mind is set now on an s3 and I have the cash waiting.

Cheers for the welcome.

just reread your post, yeah the one youre looking for is the 8l chassis (8p being the newer shape)

i had one before my a4, loved it
if you can try and buy a bam or amk engined s3 (engine codes)

the best and latest engines to be put in an 8l so had a few revisions to the earlier engines ironing out any creases they had ;)

Last edited:
Hi James, welcome to ASN. Enjoy the forum.

Welcome to the site mate, have a gander over on the 8L section, you should be able to put a post up in there with what you are after, im sure you will get plenty of info there...

Oh and good to see another West Midlander on the forum.

Cheers for the Welcomes :)

I picked up a low mileage (for what is around in the 210 models) Silver S3 Yesterday!!

So I will be on here alot more.

Awesome, get some pics up in the 8L section and nice one for getting the fastest colour too :)

Welcome to ASN

Im also from the West Midlands too

Enjoy..

Halesowen if you know it, yourself? and a 57 plate A3 Sportback in Dolphin Grey, S-Line with private plate :) you?

Hi Mate, sorry for the late reply, I do know Halesowen, I used to work for ADT who have a big office there.