A3 tdi 8p owner saying Hi

juice

Reaction score
Firstly...hello

Ive been on this sight for a while now when I owned my highly tuned b5 rs4, some of you guys on here may know me from AudiSRS, but if you dont then i look forward to meeting you at future events/meets. Since selling the rs4 late summer last year I aquired a very nice 8p a3 tdi (2004) - its charcoal grey, has the bose upgrade sound pack as well as rear parking sensors, below is a quick pic of the car when i bought it.
de1ft2.jpg

Since owning the car for 6 months now im starting to get the itch to modify it in terms of power. Only thing is ive never gone down the tuning route with a Tdi before but know many do it and they love it.

I have many questions to ask which i will do over the coming weeks.

My first question being is it ok to start remaping on a engine/turbo that has covered over 105k miles? ive been considering Awesome gti's £150 offer but never heard of the company.

secondly i was thinking about getting a full exhuast system made but i like the oem stock sleeperish look (as well as saving the cash for other things) and would prefer just to remove the cat converter and replace with a straight pipe...have others also done this?
which part of the exhuast is most restrictive?

Thanks for looking
Juice

welcome(ish) to the forum buddy lava grey is a dam fine colour suit the A3 very well , awesome gti are a good company I've not had anything off them but they are a known company to most people , for a better answer to your questions post this in the 8P section we're a friendly bunch there

If the car has been well maintained and serviced you'll be fine with a remap. Jim at Awesome is a top man, so worth giving them a call if they are local to you.

Exhaust wise, make sure you can continue to pass any emissions testing. Maybe get down pipe changed first as this seems to be where a lot of restriction sits in VAG systems. Also from memory I seem to remember the air intake dam on the diesels might be quite restrictive.

Best of luck with whatever you choose, and welcome to ASN.

Welcome to ASN. Hope you enjoy the forum.