New S3 owner saying hello!

Veero

Reaction score
Hi All,

A quick introduction post to say hello. Used to have an A4 Avant TDi which due to it's slowness was sold and replaced with a Subaru Legacy GTB import. Very fast and a riot to drive but silly insurance and fuel bills have forced a downsize, hence the S3.

It's a 2003 standard S3 in black which I have started sorting out the niggles. So far though impressions are good, nice point and shoot mentality, not quite as nimble as my 205 GTi Mi16 was but you can't expect handling like that in a car weighing another 600kgs.

Anyway, I've found this forum countless times on Google searching for solutions to issues and the advice has always been spot on so a a big thank you to all who make forums like this what they are.

Cheers guys
Veero

Welcome to ASN. Enjoy the forum.

Cheers guys, washed it on Friday and what a surprise in typical style it's chucked it down since... :think:

Anyway here's a couple of poor quality shots to keep you going:

S301.jpg

S302.jpg

So far niggles that I've fixed are:
- Passenger door clunking when being closed, turned out to be the reinforcement bar bolts were loose at the front
- Headlamp washers fixed, turned out to be just a fuse
- Fitted centre armrest

Things to do:
- Fix pathetic rear washer jet, looks like it's the joint behind the sub as washer solution dribbles out of the rear passenger arch after jetting.
- Fit electrically folding mirrors, (why weren't they specced as standard?!)
- Maybe find some RSTT style alloys
- Gradually hunt down and fix all the little creaks and rattles.
- Fix clutch, it's ok now but I think the slave cylinder is on the way as pedal doesn't return to the full height on occasion.

Been a solid car so far and it's good to be back in the comfy and safe feeling Audi again.

Cheers.

A quick question about the mirrors, did Audi do both shiny and brushed ally finish mirrors as OEM? Mine are the brushed finish but I've seen a few S3s around with a definite mirror finish and am wondering if the ones on my car are genuine or not. The heating element was not working on the driver's side mirror so as I replaced that I had a nose around and couldn't see any Audi stamping on the inside of the mirror cappings, are these bogus copy ones? They certainly look kosher (to me anyway) and aren't the crappy chromed plastic ones.

Post over in the A3 section. The boys will help you out with info.