moving to german car (a3)

clancy

Reaction score
hi guys im new, in the process of buying a 1.8t a3 8l model.

currently have a 2 litre clio 172 which is immaculate and so much fun to drive, but due to the high insurance price i cant really afford it anymore. so its up for sale and im looking to get a cheaper car with cheaper insurance so thought id go for the a3 :)

will get some pictures up once i get my hands on one, just need to sell my car

leigh

Welcome

I think you could do a lot worse than go for a nice A3.

seen a few tidy ones for sale, and seen a lot of nice ones on here thats inspired me to get one. and its considerably cheaper to insure which is the biggest bonus

Yeah there are some beautiful cars on here and you will get loads of help & advice too. The 1.8T sport are pretty cheap to insure I just paid £285 fully comp but I do have max no claims which helps.

As standard an A3 sport wont feel like your clio 172 but you can make it loads better and the build quality is far better.

it will be my first turbo which im looking forward to, seen some people getting good power gains for little money on these which would be nice.

the handling is amazing on the clio but as you say the build quality is terrible, be nice to be in a quiet refined car for a change instead of road noise and creaking