Hi from Oxford :)

Charlie Ford

Reaction score
Hi I just joined the site so thought I would say hello
My name is charlie I am a 27 year old aircraft engineer in the royal air force currently based in Oxfordshire.

I recently purchased an Audi A3 2.0 TDI had a few issues since I purchased it but kinda sorted now lol

Purchased the car and had an engine light appear the same day and the seller refused contact. After having the car inspected I found out there was a crack in port 2 on the cylinder head :(
I have since had a brand new head fitted with a few other bits and the car is now running beautifully :)

So say hi :)

3cbfb7fa.jpg

ed43961b.jpg

17bc2e2a.jpg

ead764ad.jpg

Hi Charlie, welcome to ASN. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome charlie sorry to read of your troubles but glad you got them sorted. Much respect and being honest a tinge of envy at what you do for a living buddy.

thanks for the welcome guys. have been abit absent recently trying to sort the car out. seems nothing but trouble at the moment :(

Hi Charlie, welcome along. Sadly there have been a number of the 2.0 tdi's with cylinder head issues. My A6 had it and its not cheap to put right so I feel for you. Saying that, dont let it put you off the car. They are great and sure you will love it soon enough. Yours looks a nice, clean car. I agree your job sounds ace!!!

haha thanks sarah my job is ok. not worked on the aircraft for about a year been moved in to a support/administration job for the last year but soon that will change and i will be back to doing what i enjoy.i have posted a rant/information/love for audi thread just waiting to get it approved in the 8P section. it has a full history of the issues i have had with the car since owning it but i have still have a love for the car.

qucik question do you kow what wheels they are on my car as i have not seen another with the same ones around where i am from and was just wondering?

Hi Charlie, they look suspiciously like Mk 1 TT (1.8 quattro) wheels, but not 100% certain!

Just had a google and I think your right they look like the TT fat fives

Last edited:
Just had a google and I think your right they look like the TT fat fives

A neighbour had them on a TT (near Oxford -Deddington) when it first came out back and they had engraved themselves in my head. Tidy rim!

Thinking if getting them sprayed in anthracite to "darken" the whole look of the car well only the spokes in anthracite and have the inside edges polished

Might look good actually, choose your refurb agent carefully though as they seem to vary in quality.

Unsure what to actually do to the car as I am thinking of trading in for a five door (possible larger family soon)

Then I'd leave it until you know what your doing next. Better to go for a universal colour in case you take rims across with you.

Yeah it's hard to think what to do though considering the money I have already spent on this car just to get it running and I am now unsure of what it's worth I have almost spent the same amount as what I originally spent on the car in repairs