Hello Everyone!

RY4N

Reaction score
Hi all.My name is Ryan and after browsing the site for the last few weeks I thought I'd get myself registered.I bought my first Audi in July, its a 2003 Audi A3 1.8T sport in denim blue and has been fully converted to run on LPG.For the last 4 years I've owned 2 EG civics. My first was the 1.5 lsi which I then converted to the 1.6 esi. I sold that and bought an EG SIR2 for 2 and a half years. I always said that I would never drive anything other than a Honda but after 4 years of driving civics I decided that I wanted to look for something more practical and nicer to drive on a day to day basis.Then a friend of mine came to my house one day with an Audi A3 he had just bought, and after being taken out for a drive in it I was amazed at the way it drove and how comfortable it was etc.So I spent the next few months searching the internet nearly every day for the right car to come up, and strangely enough it came up whilst I was on the last day of my holiday in Tenerife. I got home at midnight on the Monday and went down to see the car the next and after having a good look over it and a test drive, I put my deposit down and picked it up later that week.Its such a lovely car to drive, and considering it is around 30bhp down and quite abit heavier than my last civic, it does shift.I've had a few little problems with it. Engine management light came on a few times and after buying a cheap code ready on eBay (I know a vagcom would be much better) all the codes pointed to the diverter valve / vac leak problems. I then replaced the diverter valve with the 710N part from Audi and whilst fitting it I found a big split in a pipe just in front of it. Replaced that and everything's been perfect since. I also had the problem with my passenger side electric window going down but not coming back up, just got to get round to ordering the replacement clips and taking the window out etc.Bit of a life story but I thought I'd let people know. I'm very impressed the vast amount of information on this site and it helped me to solve / diagnose a few of the problems mentioned above.ThanksRyan

I Ryan, welcome to the forum.

Welcome to ASN, Ryan! Good to know you're enjoying your Audi after a few years of Honda ownership, ..I like Hondas too, matey, but good choice on your current car, lol. I'm glad you've managed to sort out your initial teething troubles with it. Get some piccies up, so we can see! Enjoy your car and the site! Paula :wub: x

Thanks both. I will get some pics up. Hopefully we'll get some decent weather at some point so i can give it a good clean, although the forecast looks rubbish for the next few days!