JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

New Member - Familiar Car!

Hi guys (and gals),

Just thought I'd touch base and submit my first post on the forum.

I'm now the happy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif[/img] owner of an A3 3.2 V6 that was owned (up until last Friday) by the not so happy StephV6 (who was sad to see his car go). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I had a Honda S2000 - which was a great car to drive...if not a little frantic. I owned it for nearly 3 years and loved it. However, I'm doing more mileage than I was and the Honda isn't the most ideal long-distance car. So I started looking for something equally as quick, but a bit more practical and refined. The A3 seemed ideal and after driving one, I thought it was a top notch motor!

After a few weeks of looking, I stumbled upon Steph's on this forum and went to see it, loved it, and here I am now!

Anyway, just thought I'd say 'hi' and look forward to being a part of the audi-sport forum (and not just a 'lurker').

Cheers!

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status

Re: New Member - Familiar Car!

Hi mate, Welcome to the forum! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]. Congrats on your new purchase, you have bought a fine motore, I've sat in it! What are you doing posting a welcome note on here on Valentine's day? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif[/img] You're suppose to be on the pull with that machine of yours, take her out for a drive! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img]

Uber Post Whore

Status

Hi Spratty,

Welcome to [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]Audi-sport. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Well done on your A3 monster and look forward to speaking to you in the future.

No surprise JoJo, on top form asusual. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif[/img]

3rd Gear

Status

Welome to the Forum Spratty... good to have another new face to water down the addicts around here [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

Jojo... what are you being the first in on the welcome on Valentines? Come to think of it... what the [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img] am I doing here??!?! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Welcome mate [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

Thanks for the welcome notes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Come to think of it - what are any of us doing on this forum on Valentines night. Anyone would think we were sad lonely geeks. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif[/img]

Took your advise Jojo and took it out for a spin (well...how could I resist?!). Though don't think the girlfriend would be too happy if I was out on the pull with it. Then again... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

why arent you out with the gf?!!! My excuse is that we've taken day off tomorrow to do something. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

I would've been out with her, but she had to fly off to the America...for her appraisal!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Had to celebrate valentine's on Sunday night instead

Never mind - it gave me a chance to enjoy the car without her telling me to slow down or be careful [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif[/img]

Status

Welcome to the Forum spratty [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

S3 Drift King!

Status

So the GF is in America, and that leaves you with the 3.2 V6 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif[/img]

3rd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    it gave me a chance to enjoy the car without her telling me to slow down or be careful [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] Don't tell me you had the GF version 1 installed as an optional extra in you car... bad mistake [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

Ha ha... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] Don't tell me you had the GF version 1 installed as an optional extra in you car... bad mistake [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad move, eh? Do you know if GF ver 1.0 comes with an on/off switch? Would be very useful if it did! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

(Hope she never reads this!!!)

3rd Gear

Status

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img] All the switches in my GF version 1 seem to be faulty... if I try and turn her off its blah blah blah blah [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img] blah,

But if I try and turn her on its [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

You should contact Audi. It sounds like there's a problem with your GF option (I heard it's a common problem).

Maybe a good service will sort it out!

3rd Gear

Status

Ha ha haa, that's funny... well, they did suggest installing the software "bit-of-fluff-on-the-side mach 1" into the cars computer, but I soon found that this is seriously incompatible with GF version 1, so quickly had to uninstall it again [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif[/img]

6th Gear

Status

Welcome to the forum mate and congrats on your new motor...think you got a great deal off steph!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Welcome Spratty...... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

3rd Gear

Status

StephV6... what's wrong with JPO... seems fine to me? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif[/img]

Uber Post Whore

Status

Yeah, JPO is one of the good guys, no really. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

3rd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, JPO is one of the good guys, no really. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]must be me then [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]