New Member - Familiar Car!

spratty

Reaction score
Hi guys (and gals),

Just thought I'd touch base and submit my first post on the forum.

I'm now the happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif owner of an A3 3.2 V6 that was owned (up until last Friday) by the not so happy StephV6 (who was sad to see his car go). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I had a Honda S2000 - which was a great car to drive...if not a little frantic. I owned it for nearly 3 years and loved it. However, I'm doing more mileage than I was and the Honda isn't the most ideal long-distance car. So I started looking for something equally as quick, but a bit more practical and refined. The A3 seemed ideal and after driving one, I thought it was a top notch motor!

After a few weeks of looking, I stumbled upon Steph's on this forum and went to see it, loved it, and here I am now!

Anyway, just thought I'd say 'hi' and look forward to being a part of the audi-sport forum (and not just a 'lurker').

Cheers!

Hi mate, Welcome to the forum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif. Congrats on your new purchase, you have bought a fine motore, I've sat in it! What are you doing posting a welcome note on here on Valentine's day? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif You're suppose to be on the pull with that machine of yours, take her out for a drive! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Hi Spratty,

Welcome to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAudi-sport. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Well done on your A3 monster and look forward to speaking to you in the future.

No surprise JoJo, on top form asusual. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Welome to the Forum Spratty... good to have another new face to water down the addicts around here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Jojo... what are you being the first in on the welcome on Valentines? Come to think of it... what the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif am I doing here??!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Thanks for the welcome notes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Come to think of it - what are any of us doing on this forum on Valentines night. Anyone would think we were sad lonely geeks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Took your advise Jojo and took it out for a spin (well...how could I resist?!). Though don't think the girlfriend would be too happy if I was out on the pull with it. Then again... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

why arent you out with the gf?!!! My excuse is that we've taken day off tomorrow to do something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would've been out with her, but she had to fly off to the America...for her appraisal!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Had to celebrate valentine's on Sunday night instead

Never mind - it gave me a chance to enjoy the car without her telling me to slow down or be careful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

Welcome to the Forum spratty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

So the GF is in America, and that leaves you with the 3.2 V6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[ QUOTE ]
it gave me a chance to enjoy the car without her telling me to slow down or be careful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Don't tell me you had the GF version 1 installed as an optional extra in you car... bad mistake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ha ha... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Don't tell me you had the GF version 1 installed as an optional extra in you car... bad mistake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad move, eh? Do you know if GF ver 1.0 comes with an on/off switch? Would be very useful if it did! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(Hope she never reads this!!!)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif All the switches in my GF version 1 seem to be faulty... if I try and turn her off its blah blah blah blah /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif blah,

But if I try and turn her on its /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

You should contact Audi. It sounds like there's a problem with your GF option (I heard it's a common problem).

Maybe a good service will sort it out!

Ha ha haa, that's funny... well, they did suggest installing the software "bit-of-fluff-on-the-side mach 1" into the cars computer, but I soon found that this is seriously incompatible with GF version 1, so quickly had to uninstall it again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Welcome to the forum mate and congrats on your new motor...think you got a great deal off steph!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Welcome Spratty...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yeah, JPO is one of the good guys, no really. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, JPO is one of the good guys, no really. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gifmust be me then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif