Hi all! New S3 Owner here.. With pictures!

Willsey

Reaction score
Hi all,

My names Will and I'm From Sittingbourne, Kent.
I'm a trainee Projects Manager for a Building/Shopfitting Company - Final Year of Uni in Kent studying Building, Construction and Surveying - Also carry out Web Design Contracts, mostly commercial but have done some personal - Also buy and sell cars when I get a spare minute!

I have always loved Audi's, especially S3's since I could remember!

I have recently bough a 56 reg S3, with lots of extras! Has a slight scratch down the side from someone keying it I would imagine, but lucky for me, my father owns a body-shop! I am 20 years old, and have bought and sold cars since I could drive.. I will probably be keeping this one a little longer as I absolutely adore it every time I drive it!

Please seem the images below!

IMG_8946.jpg

IMG_8977.jpg

Images from the first day I bought her. Has been cleaned immensely since, thread to follow!
Also using a Cannon D450 SLR. SLR newbie but learning daily...

Excuse my friends terrible 'parking'. It's a Megane R26R if anyone was wondering =].

Thanks for viewings, love the forum and hope to get to know everyone!

Will Halls.

I HATE DOUBLE POSTERS!

But was wondering why I got no love...

I try to keep them clean.. Have some pictures of its first clean.. Spend about 5 hours getting all the tar off it! Yes, I'm a bit of a perfectionist! Thanks for the comments!

Thanks drmole I use all sorts.. Had loads of tar off the roads on it so I

Pressure washed
Autoglym Shampoo Conditioner (white bottle with green logo)
Went over the whole car bit by bit with T-Cut Colour Fast (Black) getting every bit of tar of the car..
I then used Turtlewax Colour Magic (black) to polish the car, and fil some of the horrid stone chips..
I then used a G3 Wax for the final coat.. I have lots of pictures of it all I shall put up soon..

Usually I use a lot of trade products, which are just like Autoglym but a quarter of the price..

Now when I wash it, I don't get barely any watermarks are the water just beads off of the car =] never used to believe in wax but I can guarantee that it does help especially on black cars!

Thanks drmole I use all sorts.. Had loads of tar off the roads on it so I

Pressure washed
Autoglym Shampoo Conditioner (white bottle with green logo)
Went over the whole car bit by bit with T-Cut Colour Fast (Black) getting every bit of tar of the car..
I then used Turtlewax Colour Magic (black) to polish the car, and fil some of the horrid stone chips..
I then used a G3 Wax for the final coat.. I have lots of pictures of it all I shall put up soon..

Usually I use a lot of trade products, which are just like Autoglym but a quarter of the price..

Now when I wash it, I don't get barely any watermarks are the water just beads off of the car =] never used to believe in wax but I can guarantee that it does help especially on black cars!

ahh mate dont put t cut on car tha sweet autoglym is better but bit potchy with thdust left over after wards check out a few of the guides in the detailing section some much better wax/polish out there for the same money as t cut but alot less harse
the car look lush tho

first off welcome to the forum matey nice car you have there second step away from the t-cut its no good for your paintwork as all it does is hide the true scratches and after a wash or two it comes off and your back to square one again there are so many good products on the retail market these days there is no need to buy cheap products like that from the likes of meguars/autoglym etc... and they do so much more of a good job that t-cut colour
regards
fran

Welcome to ASN, as mentioned - your car looks awesome!

Thanks for all the feedback boys and girls.

I do agree with most people that T-cut is not the best product to use. Like I said previously, I use a lot of trade products. My father owns a bodyshop, so I know my fair share about paintwork/detailing etc. All my cars are immaculate. I am having some paintwork done on my car this week (some f*cker keyed it..not while it was in my ownership!) and having the wheels refurbed as there are a few marks, but nothing major.

The T-cut was purely to remove the tar and the top coat of polish from the car. Once it was immaculate and clean, I polished it several times to build back up the top layer, then added wax for a final finish.. I know clay bar would have been the best option.. But this is what worked wonders for me.. So im not bothered =]

Thanks,
Will

t-cut will remove the top coat of paint matey not the polish lol its far to agressive to use esp on a black car will more than likely leave swirl city behind when the black has washed off anyway lovely car i do love black S3's

t-cut will remove the top coat of paint matey not the polish lol its far to agressive to use esp on a black car will more than likely leave swirl city behind when the black has washed off anyway lovely car i do love black S3's

The last thing I want to do is come on this forum and start upsetting people, or starting arguements.. But:

it will not remove the 'top coat of paint.'

Paintwork (as long as it isnt 2 pack paint) is as follows.

Primer
Paint
Lacquer
Top coat - Polish

You have a top coat of polish (only very fine, which most t-cut will strip.. this is why you must be careful like everyone has said)
Once you have skimmed the top coat of polish, you reapply.. By claying a car, it doesnt get all the grip 'out of the paint'... think about it logically, if you was removing bits of paint, you would see primer beneath it!

For people who are a little less careful, I would recommend autoglym tar remover.. it is non abrasive, and doesnt rub through your paint.

Paint swirls are not marked paintwork, they are marks in the lacquer. Polish the car and they will fade each time..

Willsey - The one who started the war on T-cut users! =]

im a pro detailer mate you dont have to tell me about paint and polish's lol i know a great deal about all things polish and paint