Hi all.First time Audi owner.

YOSHI87

Reaction score
Hi guys an girls

Im Dave from Warrington, Just bought a v reg A3 1.6. Very happy with it.I did want a 1.8t but insurance was more than i wanted to pay.

Hope to be able to get advice etc on here as ive been a vauxhall driver before now.I havnt really done much to my little a3 except for some matt black alloys and hid headlights.Will be after some parts to make it look nice an subtly sporty.

Hope to see you guys at meets etc.

Thanks

Hiya Dave and welcome to the forum. There are a few meets at the Trafford Centre, always worth a visit. Sadly I never made any before we emigrated but the guys are good to know. The alloys sound good any pics of the car?? And what plans do you have for the car? You will get loads of ideas on here lol so be prepared to spend! Enjoy the car.

Welcome Dave my old man came from a background of 12 Audi's in a row but I'm a first time Audi owner myself since last Friday.

Welcome!

Cheers for the warm welcomes guys.

Id put some pics up but i really feel its in a state of limbo right now so its not looking great.And needs a really good clean.Some plans are to change the seats as the ones in are beige an realy badly marked.I would like to put s3 bumpers on but i know the wings were diffrent on a s3 so not to sure how it would look on a standard a3.I will though be wanting a s3 spoiler on there.I dont want to make it look something it isnt as i have done that in my early neon light,black angel eye and shopping list on the door days.I feel ashamed admiting that.lol.I think il be having a look on here for various inspiration as i just cant leave a car alone - i have to add bits and bobs.

Welcome Dave! Get some pics up soon, very always interested in how black alloys look, as im trying to get some inspiration too!

Cheers Jay. Im not 100% on the alloys but it might be because ive only had them on a few hours.. this is how its looking at the momment anyways...

DSCF0426.jpg

They 16's? Those alloys look cool with the silver trim around them mate! maybe look into some lowering springs :thumbsup:

no Jay theres 17in. But i think the profile is wrong - They came of a golf an the guy was running them on 245/40/17 while i think they should be 225/40/17.

When i got the original wheels off i noticed it has already been lowerd but i cannot be sure on the amount of drop an the springs looks a bit past it. Id hope to get coilovers but i know they can be pricey.