New Guy. Just traded old A3 for newer A3

kev1974

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls

I registered on here a while ago when I had my old 1999 A3 1.8T Sport but never got round to using this what looks like an excellent site :)

I have just traded in my 1.8T Sport for a 2006 A3 2.0T Sportback SE S-Line DSG in Lava Grey. Ok it's done 80,000 miles in 5 years but I am so happy and impressed with it. It has service history but no stamps for DSG Oil and filter or Cambelt so first thing i've done is book it in to a reputable indie next Tuesday to have both done.

I shopped around for prices and this guy who I know are very good is charging £350 for Cambelt and full kit ( tensioners, rollers, aux belt etc ) and Water Pump. And £167 for the DSG oil and filter. Think the oil is around £11 per litre and requires 7 litres?

Anyway I hope to make full use from fellow Audi lovers on here :)

I can't work out how to upload a pic of the car on here, any help please?

Cheers
Kev

Hi mate,

The easiest way is to create a photo bucket account, that's if you haven't already got one and upload the pics there and then post the IMG link into your thread.

Check out the sticky at the top of the welcome section, there is a "how to guide"

Cheers,
si

Last edited:
264612_10150221237451500_520226499_7896352_6905079_n.jpg

Thanks mate, i've just realised how to do it, not very technical minded!!

Just had cambelt full kit and water pump replaced yesterday, peace of mind, apparantly it was the original on and although covered 80k miles they said it didn't look to be too bad. Waiting now to have the DSG oil and filter replaced, engine has to be stone cold.

Has anyone had any problems with their DSG box and/or mechatronic unit?
Thanks guys.

Thanks mate, i've just realised how to do it, not very technical minded!!

Just had cambelt full kit and water pump replaced yesterday, peace of mind, apparantly it was the original on and although covered 80k miles they said it didn't look to be too bad. Waiting now to have the DSG oil and filter replaced, engine has to be stone cold.

Has anyone had any problems with their DSG box and/or mechatronic unit?
Thanks guys.
Haha m8 you need to chill replacing things that dont need to be, i think the cambelt would have been enough at 80k dont think youll have any problems with the above either

Apparantly the DSG oil and filter need replacing every 40k, this has done 80k and never ticked as done in the service book. That's why i'm concerned.