New owner of A3

Clooty

Reaction score
Hello there fine folk,

I have recently just purchased a A3 2.0 T FSI SE S-line Quattro (2006) and just sold my good old Golf mk4 1.4 E (2000), which served me well after becomming a regular in the technical questions area in the ukmkivs forum!
The first owner had carried out quite a few modifications including lowering springs, S3 mirrors etc in order to turn it into an S3 lookalike. (including the S3 badge, shakes head in shame
Blush2.gif
, It will be comming off very soon! i promise!)

Very pleased with the car so far! Mileage is a little less than i first expected (averaging 26mpg with a very light right foot... but you dont buy a 200bhp car for its mileage!)

I have been lingering around the forum for a bit, and admiring a few nice A3s out there, (to name just a couple, FranA3 and N8's are very nice looking! ), only just managed to post now, joined VWAudis forum as well.

I have attached a few pictures which were taken a few weeks back now, before half of Iceland decided to dump itself all over my car. :-(

Iphone035.jpg

Iphone036.jpg

Iphone032.jpg

Iphone031.jpg

Iphone026.jpg

Iphone024.jpg

Iphone022.jpg

Hope to get some inspiration for a few Mods from you guys soon!

Cheers

Clooty

Looks very smart mate, nice colour!
Welcome to the site

Welcome mate - looking good! :redrs4:

Hmm think I am going to have to get revo stage 1, tuning the engine is a slippery slope though! Would love to change to double din and get the rns-e in it as well. Well see what the wallet says first, it's needing a service next month and the haldex coupling done, and to get an audi service I'll need to head down to either Aberdeen or Inverness so it's always and expensive trip going to get a service done. Thinking Aberdeen and get a remap at the same time.

welcome to the club matey thanks for the comment on my car much appriciated :) , the world is your oyster they say when it comes to mods but choose wisely as you can ruin your car very easy by going ott with the mods keep it subtle and your on to a winner as red is the best colour to have a A3 in :wub:

Yeah cheers Fran, I will probably stick quite oem with it tbh.

Im trying to preserve the car as best I can so I'm looking to get the underside cleaned thoroughly and sealed with bodyschutz soon, definitely before winter anyway. And I am going to need to source some winter wheels as the 19s will simply not cut it. Might give me a chance to get them refurbed as the previous owner eat some kerbage.
Will likely have to put the original springs on for winter as well. Any recommendations on a good set of winter wheels? A set of 16s, 17s?

Here's me talking of winter and it's June!! Wtf? What can I say, always be prepared!

Cheers folks

Clooty

Them are some nice looking intro pics clooty, I think i sense another full time modder and poster here haha get yourself over to the 8p section get yourself some ideas:think:

red is the best colour to have a A3 in :wub:
Akoya Silver FTW:p

Hi yeah cheers Scott, I forgot to mention your build thread in my post but I have been keeping a close eye on that as well. Very nice! And the wheels are just ridiculous! In a good way of course!

If you need any help m8 just give me a shout and ill do my best to point you in the right direction ;)

Hi Clooty, welcome to ASN! Very cool looking car and some gorgeous piccies there. I look forward to hearing more about your plans and seeing them take shape. :)