Proud new A3 TDI 170 S-Line Quattro owner!

kev370

Reaction score
Hello all!

I finally found a low mileage 56 plate in good condition last week and picked it up on Saturday!

It's a dolphin grey Audi A3 S-line TDI 170 Quattro with black powder coated S-Line alloys. Averaged 42 mpg on the 60 mile trip back home - which included gridlocked traffic for about 40 minutes, followed by some... err... "testing" ;) strictly at or below the signposted speed limits of course. MUCH better on juice than my previous motor... which would have averaged about 18mpg on that run. Happy times!

I've been a member for a few months now, I've already found lots of info on here and looking forward to getting a bit more involved.

I'm already thinking of ways to throw money at it... primarily retrofitting the RNS-E and maybe a MFSW if I can persuade myself to spend that much, maybe a remap (but I think I'll wait on that one and see if the DPF gives me any grief) and I quite fancy some graphite RS6 alloys... but all that will probably have to wait until I hit 5 or 6 numbers on the EuroMillions :sob:

Hope to meet you soon!

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Pic below (if I've posted it right!). Sorry for the crappy res, took it on my phone when I picked it up.

N8 - Haha yeah I know how it goes. It was the same over on the RX8 owners club (my last motor), but most of my spare cash was going towards fuel on that so perhaps I might have something spare to splash on the A3!

Scott - I'm from West Yorkshire, but currently in London for work.

I'm wishing I had Xenons too as I had them on the RX-8 and they make such a difference... the retrofit sounds like far too much faff for my liking though!

IMG_1894.jpg

Blast from the past!

Just seen mention of Falken 452s in your sig - I had them on my RX-8 for the last thousand miles before I sold it, great value tyre for the performance and I love the tread pattern. Didn't really have time to have a proper feel for them though, but they were MUCH better in the wet than the Avon's that I got with it. How's the durability on them? The Avons only lasted about 7000 miles on the rear and that was with relatively sensible driving!

Hiya and welcome along.N8s right, the mods never end, they just get bigger and more complicated!!! Get them started lol Nice car you picked up!