EM TuningVolks Autos
    Let the Wookie win!

Status

New to Audis, old to VAG - looking for mod suggestions!

Hi all,
    I'm another newbie, so please don't bite!

I've spent the last 20 years twiddling with air- and water-cooled Volkswagens of all shapes (to a reasonable customisation level) and now I've got myself an '08 Audi A3 (8PA) S-Line TDI, in phantom black with black Vienna leather interior and the 5-spoke 18" wheels. Otherwise its bog-standard - for now!

Audi_A3_S-line | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Externally, I'm going down the lamin-x route with the black grille surround and possibly rear badge removal. Got a few queries though:

1) Whats the best "reasonably priced" black grille surround that will accept the S-Line badge (ie decent finish, decent fit) - seen online prices from £50-150 which raised suspicions/concerns on quality

2) I was sort of surprised at the lack of "niceties" like come-home lights etc that the SE models have. What are the top 5 lower-cost tweaks/tricks to add a few features (I have access to VAG-COM/VCDS). Dont mind trawling ebay etc for "bits" and will be going to a few VAG shows this summer anyhow.

3) Whats the easiest way of powering a mini-usb tom-tom satnav mounted in the bottom right of windscreen without trailing a wire across the dash - fusebox nearby - any neat workarounds known? I'll be adding a parrot handsfree kit at some stage, so would be looking to wire this up at the same time

Any other suggestions of "obvious" tweaks and mods appreciated!

Cheers!

Chris
    Last edited by PoyntonBlue; 26th May 2011 at 19:43.

2. # ADS
    ADS

events moderator

Status
    sweet car dude im a fellow A3 driver too oh and welcome to the forum , your best bet is to post this in the 8P section lower in the forum home page
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

4th Gear

Status
    Welcome to the site, unfortunately i cant see the pics as my work computer blocs it