New Member from Cheshire

Fivetones

Reaction score
Hello all,

Newly registered on here as I'm looking at A3 8P S Line/Sport 2.0 TDI Sportbacks to replace my Polo 9N 1.9 TDI Sport.

Some of you may know me from other forums, particularly Edition 38.

I have a million questions that need answering so I have a tonne of searching the forum to do as I'm sure the answers are around here somewhere :)

Cheers!

Thanks mate.

I'm looking at 54 reg cars onward, post facelift. The main questions I have right now are:

- The S-Line bumper is different to the Sport but not on all S-Lines that are advertised. Is there a year cut off that I'm missing? Fake S-Lines?
- Is DSG and/or Quattro worth having? I tried a DSG car briefly once and it did feel like it was driving me but I expect you'd get used to that. Does it use more fuel like the figures suggest?
- Is a well equipped Sport (ie. with leather Sport seats etc etc) missing anything an S-Line has? Especially if I'm likely to be putting on different wheels and coilovers on day one?

All answer appreciated. (there will be more :) )

hi robin welcome to the forum , the main differences in sport/s-line are , sport spec plus 18" 5 spoke alloys , alu interior trims , lowered suspension,half leather , rear spoiler , perforated leather gear knob and steering wheel other than that as sport spec , as on early sports like mine s-line was a package ontop of the sport not a dedicated model like later on ie 2005(55) onwards , 2006 they introduced the s-line car with the bodykit , hope this helps matey any more Q's ask away in the 8P section
regards
fran

Thanks for clearing that up Fran. Some info in there that I hadn't yet figured out :)