New to Audi

Loulabub

Reaction score
Hi all been a massive fan of VAG for years
previously owned Mk2 Golf GTI 8v/16v and carried out various repairs/mods including 2.0 16v GTI conversion with audi 80 bottom end.

had 2 kids since and been playing the cheap and cheerful game with various skips (think astra diesel :p)

have now chanced across a 1997 Audi A4 1.8T Sport
New turbo, FSH 150k miles £600
But theres a catch....there is always a catch!

Starter motor is shot, so me being the brave unwise sole thought id have a crack at it. there is a lot more room in a mk2 golf engine bay thats for sure!!!

anyways after much sweat blood and tears the starter is out and i have a new one coming tommorow, ive checked voltage to starter and ignition voltage an both check out ok.
Also benched starter and nothing so cant see what else it can be.

My only other issue i noticed was after about an hours driving to get it home the VDO came up with an oil warning when at idle.
Oil temp never budged an oil is not low and the warning goes away as soon as you start moving. not sure what this could be so any tips much appreciated. Am changing the oil filter and putting fully synthetic oil in.

Anyways thats pretty much me and i will gets some pics up after ive fitted the new starter tommorow :S

Welcome to ASN! Got any photos of your car? :sign_welcome:

Reactions: Loulabub
Will post some up when i can find my camera lead haha

Got a couple in an album on here. how do i change my prof pic? im being a bit slow today :)

2682-%24-kgrhquokpwe1rc5occsbnqwpzu-i-~~-12.jpg

Changed the oil and filter today. Have put Fuchs Titan GT1 5-30 in it. Seems to be running better now.