ascaudio

Reaction score
hello every one my names alex from south west uk
i have an audi a4 p plate
have done a few mods to it but im after some help with it too
ill ask here first as i havent really looked at the links or sections of the forum
my a4 has forgoten its key code from the transponder and needs recoding any ideas where and who does it ;
also im after a good audi breakers prefferably close to me in wilts as needing some parts too.?
any way enuff of that
little about me
im 6 ft green eyes blonde good looking sense of humour ok ill stop
im an electronics engineer by trade . alarms stereos navi tv s phone kits that sort of stuff. so if i can be of help do ask >:)

welcome to forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
where abouts are you from?
Have fun mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ascaudio said:
im an electronics engineer by trade . alarms stereos navi tv s phone kits that sort of stuff. so if i can be of help do ask >:)

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the best Audi forum around and it looks like your a helpful person, so you will be more than welcome here..... On that subject, I may as well start.....

I have removed (or an ICE dealer has) the old gamma tape HU and replaced it with a Concert II unit. There are a few problems with this I think beacuse of Canbus wiring (or lack of in my '97 A4), namely - switches itself off ater 1 hour as it has a direct live feed (not an issue - just switch it on again), a seperate wire had to be attached (inside HU to a an external wire) to illuminate the unit when lights are switched on, dont think RDS works and it doesn't lock into the hole correctly - other than that, at least I have a single slot CD player which sounds well(I know I could have done alot more and probably cheaper but I want to keep to genuiune Audi stuff and the dash / illumination all matches !!).

So to my question - I have a nokia phone kit and did have an external speaker in the foot well. I wanted it to go through speakers and mute the set. The ICE dealer said connecting the current wiring to the new concert HU will not work. I thought it would mute speakers, and come up on HU display as "Phone". Anyway, he had to fit seperate kit to mute speakers however it only mutes the front speakers.

Was he correct or could he have just attached a wire to the pin on the concert II Hu and that would have muted the set and display "Phone" on HU ?

If you need photos - I'm boll0xed as I dont have equipment to photograph and scan onto computer (yes I still live in the dark ages - really though I work on computers all day and can't be @rsed when I get home)

ok hop easy one here well it is to me lol
on the back of the audi H U u have the normal i s o plug with speaker feeds on the middle bar and power feeds on the very bottom .! now depending on the year and model the audi concert units either have a third slot ontop of the speakers or its virtical next to the other two
ill try to explain what i mean if thats confused you
1. ___
__
__
or
[__] []
[_] []
[_] []
if you have used the mute and speaker input on the third i s o block will only mute the front its asuming there is an amplifier in the boot and wont mute it .
the way to get round it is with a lead i have called a noko2tel this will interupt the audi unit via a seperate relay and also give the mute logo on the hu
putting the sound threw the cars speakers making the phone call louder . does the concert hu u have run a rear amplifier ?
if not pm me well talk cash and ill send you a lead kk

Wow - as you said easy for you !!!!

Anyway, I was told the HU was from a 2002 A4 (B6 Chassis - Part No 8E0 035 186)
As for the diagrams above (Impressive) - I'll have to check but think it's the latter.
As for what mute and speaker input I have used - I didn't. The ICE man did it and I have no idea what he plugged into where.
Equally, the Noko2tel lead (Is it one you have designed as I cant find anything on web about it), I still wouldn't know where to fit it and how.... also how to dismantle the kit that's already in there.

Does the concert unit have a rear amplifier - Ask me one on Sport ? Sorry mate but I really am not educated in ICE and wiring.

All in all, I really do appreciate your feedback and I'm thinking **** it..... I guess this type of HU was not designed for the older models. Also forgot to mention I cannot get any MW stations either - none whatsoever. The Ice man said that if he puts a booster in, it will just boost the interference because the aerials are part of the back window, reception will always be an issue.

ok lol
the ice man is recomending stuff i wouldnt audi units with the arieals in the screan dont need boosters i tryed and lost fm am mw completely so dont .
as for the noko2tel you wont find it to buy or look up stats on it . its a part from the engineers guide that i use
.i trained for five years to work for orange and vodafone and there not likely to put stuff like this on the net as its such a good part if you need one to buy and help fit it i sort ya out >:)

as for refitting i can do step by step pics for you so you can do it all ya self /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Thanks mate - I'll keep this in mind. As I travel a little bit with work and if ever I am going to be in your area, I might give you a shout cos although you could provide step by step pictures, there is the issue of taking the old phone mute kit out etc. and I really dont want to **** it up.

quick one guys audi breakers any good ones near wiltshire i need some bits for my a4
heater surround and passenger air bag cover (blank no air bag )