Potential Newbie

mk4gtiturbo

Reaction score
Hello

As you can probably tell from my user name I used to own a Golf mk4 GTI Turbo (it ended up being far from how VW intended it to be), have been around VWs really for the last 10 years so I may have crossed paths with some people already. I also used to have a mk2 GTI 16v that I converted into a track car. Unfortunately I "thought" I needed to sell it a couple of years ago and it turned out to be a big mistake.

Anyway I'd love to be able to mix the 1.8T engine with a trackcar type thing and possibly 4wd ... and it just so happens a work colleage of mine has an S3 that he whats to get rid of so I'll probably buy it and convert!!

Thought I'd sign up and you lot can tell me what to look for. It's got about 120K on the clocks and will get a lot of abuse over the coming years, as well as lots of mods. Always fancied an IHI conversion on the Golf so who knows! Thing that concerns me the most is the engine and running gear at that mileage, I got rid of the Golf at 60k so have no idea what happens at this mileage. The mk2 have well over 180k on it and was still going strong.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Welcome along mate, buy the S3 - loads of tuners out there as you'll know already, I'm sure you'll have loads of fun!