Newbie with an A4

skinnyman9000

Reaction score
Afternoon ppl!

I’ve just bought myself an A4 so figured I’d sign up and take a look around. Here’s my VAG history so far:

Mk2 golf driver
Mk2 polo saloon Formel E
Corrado 1.8 16V (breaking now)
B5 A4 TDI Avant (current car)

I’ve been on the E38 forum for around 4yrs now due to my various VW’s, my Corrado being my daily for the past 3-4yrs. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, the bodywork fell into disrepair. Due to this it’s worth peanuts as a whole, so it’s currently sat on my drive waiting to be pushed into the garage for breaking. After the rado I decided I wanted something reliable, good on fuel, and big enough to lug rado parts round in, which lead me to a B5 avant.

I’ll get some pics up when I get back from work, but I think I’ve bagged myself a bargain. It’s a 1997 110bhp crossover model, in black. The advert stated 11months MOT, 142k on the clock, recent work done included oil cooler, water pump, cambelt, rear shocks, radiator, battery and tyres, all with very good condition body work, a snip at £950.

I intend to keep it standard if im honest, although I don’t know how long this will last as im already finding myself scanning ebay for leather interiors!

So hello from me!

P.S – I there a way I can upgrade my key to the newer flip designs? Mine is horrible.

Corrado 1.8 16V mmmmmm

Hiya and Welcome

Welcome onboard mate

Did you go to any of the Ed38 shows? there mad!

Here’s my VAG history so far.

I started with this piece of 90’s retro goodness in 2005:
newgolf1.jpg

newgolf2.jpg

But that was a little OTT and didn’t last long. Next I bagged a polo saloon. 12 months MOT, 6 months tax, 70k and 1 owner from new for £150! Waaaay before the days of the scrappage scheme:
DSCN3258.jpg

Then came the rado, which I’ve owned for 4yrs now. It started like this:
frontright.jpg

back-1.jpg

And then this:
DSC00374.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

And finally that is being replaced by the A4:
Distance.jpg

Front-1.jpg

Side.jpg

Interior-1.jpg

As for the E38 shows, my last one was 2008, and before that 2007. They’re nuts, awesome time was had at both.