I've just picked up a 1999 Audi A3 1.8T 180BHP Quattro so thought I'd better join up and say hello.
I've bought the car pretty cheap, but in need of some TLC so will have loads of questions as I get on with it.
No doubt I'll find plenty of the answers using the search, but if anyone feels like saying hello and answering some of these it would be appreciated!
1. Both wing mirrors are broken, not just the covers. Are they any decent alternatives to standard replacements?
2. One of the front hubs needs replacing as a wheel bearing has been allowed to get unbelievably bad.. Are quattro hubs specific or will any A3 hub fit?
3. Both rear springs have broken, so I was thinking of fitting coilovers. The only decent budget option I've found are FK AK's.. Does anyone have experience of them? How bad are they?? And do I need to replace the top mounts/anything else at the same time?
4. What offset should I be looking to get to with 18x8 wheels? Around 35mm?
5. I've got a K&N induction kit to suit a 1.8T, is it a worthwhile replacement or does the bay get too warm?
6. Forge 007P, Bailey DC30 or neither?
I think that's about it for now, here's some pics from the seller to get started with.. I'll start a thread in the project room once I've got started with it!