Audi N00b saying hello

neal-a3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just bought an Audi A3 (mk1 97 "P" reg) last thursday, thought i'd join up and get advice info etc....

a33.jpg

a34.jpg

a32.jpg

Never owned a German car before, but already build quality feels a lot better than previous fords, and honda's ive owned. (although I cant seem to kill my Honda Civic lol)

Its a 97 on a P plate - 160,000 on the clock, and cost me the grand sum of £650. Just slung two new boots on and replaced front spring which considering its running on 18" (what look like rs3 wheels) it only cost me £195 all in at my local garage.

Is £650 a decent price, i know its high milage, but its all service stamped etc... and engine seems pretty tight still.

Secondly, this morning, the fan motor / and resistor stopped working, I have priced a fan and resistor up at £49 (second hand) How simple to fit, where abouts is it situated? is it behind the glove box in the bulkhead passenger side? I have replaced mine in the civic without too much faffing about, and im not to bad at diy mechanics.

Thanks and look forward to my stay here.

Neal

forgot to metntion, its a 1.8 non turbo.

I take it the plastic dipstick tube gets brittle over time from the manifold, as mines cracked and leaks a little, need to replace asap lol.

Neal

Hi and welcome mate. Those alloys are RS6s. Nice car and good price I'd say. Ask the question in the 8L part of the forum regarding the fan motor, the guys there will help you out. Enjoy....