Nowthen, newbie alert!!

marco

Reaction score
Hey up everyone,

My name is Marc and i am just venturing in to the ownership of my first Audi. I have owned an impreza for nearly 5 years. I knew nothing when i started but i became a member of the SIDC (subaru impreza drivers club) and i have learnt so much. I have carried out all my own mods which consists of an engine rebuild, clutch change and porting of my turbo. My wife is now pregnant and the impreza will have to go!!! Tomorrow I am going to look at a 2004 Audi A4 2.5 TDI V6. Is there anything that i should specifically look for or be aware of with that model? Sorry to join the forum with a question. Hopefully, all being well i will be the proud owner of an Audi tomorrow.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and learn about my new toy.

Cheers Marc :thumbsup:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Might be a good idea asking your question in the A4 part of the forum. The guys there will give you some pointers. We have the same engine in our A6, been a great engine. Check for full service history and depending on mileage, check if the cam belts been done or when its due.
Good luck with it, pics when you get it.

Hey up

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have just got back from viewing the A4 2.5 V6!!!! I am gutted. It looked really nice, it was very clean and i couldnt see any problems under the bonnet so all excited i took it for a spin. This is where it got worse, it had a full service history, the cam belt was done at 80k miles and the car had done 96k. It started first time and warmed up nicely. The clutch was very high, im talking with in the last bit of the pedal. I dont know what i expected the V6 to be like but it felt like the car had no guts. It was smooth but nothing as i expected?! I got on to the motorway, put my foot down and the engine management light came on! He said he has been to Audi about it and its the MAF sensor! We pulled off the motorway and as we sat at the lights it started to have a lumpy idle as if the car was shaking. I put the heaters on full to check the matrix and the fan speed was like a 2 year old asthmatic untill i pressed the wiper stalk and then they came on full blast... and the went off again.

Anyway, i didn't get the car so im still on the hunt.

Cheers Marc

Hey up,

After spending several hours on the net looking for an A4 Avant i found another one. Hopefully im off to see it this weekend. Its a quattro with a few subtle mods. If all goes well and i get it i will get some pics up.

Cheers Marc