New VAG Fan

A3 Oly

Reaction score
Hi all,

well just recently got myself a beautiful Audi A3 1.8 T Sport (S, 98) in gold with FSH and she is immaculate!!

I purchased the a3 from a coworker who i have worked with for 12ish years now and he got her as second owner at 2 years from new since then he has kept her in mint orriginal condition always having her serviced at the regular intervals and with all stamps and cambelt change noted.

I have always been a Renault fan since i had a Renault 19 16v Chamade. this led me onto R5 GTT's but fancied a change and i am so glad i went the good old german route.

I have only 1 pic of her and its pretty "Festive" lol

100_0221.jpg

We had a lot of snow it was up to my knees trying to get out of the house and no i am not a 2 ft midget! ;)

Here are my Ex Renaults:

My Ph1 and Ph2 19 16v chamades

R19a.jpg

My first R5 Gtt Turbo

101_0052.jpg

101_0088.jpg

enginebay.jpg

And this is my recent project wich i have just recently canned:

100_0080.jpg

As soon as England "Defrosts" I will be giving her a bath and some pictures. My plans for her at this stage are the usual remap, TB Exhaust, CDA induction, bigger turbo (Could do with some recomendations here is purchasing a K04 worth it? or is hybrid the key to a happy face?), Coilovers 18" RS6 alloys, If i can get hold of them i would love some Orange hoses for the bay.

any hi to all and look forward to getting stuck in.

Do you guys have regular meets?

Last edited:
Hiya and welcome to the forum. Aw poor car, looks frozen there lol! Looking forward to seeing the pics once the snows gone!

hello,

yeah does look a bit cold and it has every reason to! lol I was shivering that much i am suprised the picture was ok.

I am suprised how good it is in the snow, can't imagine what a quatro would be like.

Welcome mate, i've had some mad R19's and R5's GTT's - my last R5 was decked out by Jamie Shaw @ Carisma at the same time he did the Ali G / Pioneer one!

I have hunch you liked the grey R19 more than the P2? I had a P1 3dr in grey and a P2 Chamade in grey as well! If I could have one again I'd have a P1 3dr in red I think.

Anyway, welcome mate, I hope you find the site useful etc!

Best wishes

Chris

Not the best pics as they are somewhat old and scanned from 6x4's!!

Renault5GTTurbo.jpg

Renault1916vPhase1Front.jpg

Hey chris, yep Ph1 all the way, they are so much more resiliant to rust and have more character i think.

Love the 5 and the 19 nice to see the willy wheels on there, when were they taken?

wow, cool. i guess they werent considered a classic back then.

just noticed ur from notts where abouts as i am from kirkby.

I'm near J26 so not too far! If you intending of going to any of the shows next year make sure to drop me a line as a few of us tend to meet locally and go up together!

Deffo matey, will drop you a line. I said after the 5 no more shows but tbh you cant beat a day (or 2) at a show with clean shiny motors, top quality people and scantily cladded ladies... so yes i will more than likely being ging to some shows/meets lol

Thanks noggy, yeah she was ace man but as with a lot, not all, 5's she was a demanding bitch lol and tbh i bought her with every intention of turning her to bog standard with "Subtle" engine mods and period upgrades but converting a chav chariot to a work of art is ****** expensive. She was abit too chavvy for me but i ran with it for a bit and added the fmic and the engine chromery etc etc. I am glad tho i have chosen the classier side of VAG.