New too Audi

Sock

Shark in a Goldfishes clothing
Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Dave ( Nickname Sock because I'm always talking ) and I have recently purchase a 57 plate Audi A3 2.0l TDI S-Line and I love it.
My previous 2 cars before that were both Mondeo ST's , One ST220 and one ST TDCI and both cars were fantastic but sadly both the Ford dealers and too many repetitive problems with the cars forced me to sell up, and as I have always liked Audi's I went for that option.

I have modified my past cars in various ways so look forward to reading about performance enhancing options on The A3

I would also appreciate any helpful tips on keeping the car running at its best ( cleaning EGR valve etc) as I used to have to do the same on the Mondeo.

I dont have a lot of access to a PC so I will try yo reply to any comments as soon as I can

Thanks

Dave :yes::scared2:

Welcome to the site

I have to say now, our resident sock man is johnnythepie :)

I would consider a check/clean of the intercooler piping, maybe check seals are ok, how much oil is in the IC channel, check intake manifold flap, clean up this & egr unit, I'd even go so far as to maybe clean the turbo aswell to prelong this if you're feeling brave.

Nice one mate, will have 'Tinkering' day when i got a day off

I got the bose stereo in mine and wondered if it has a subwoofer as I cant see one and the base appears to be a bit lacking?

Wish I opted for one with Xenons on aswell as the normal lights are a bit dull, ordered some upgrade bulbs so hopefully that will sort it.

Good Man!! well get on like a house on fire!!! about performance options....your first should be some shell ultimate...the tdi's love it!!!Welcome!!

Lol I only ever use shell V power or if I have to BP ultimate

I may or may not have also taken delivery if a bluefin today (got warranty so it's handy to remove it) :)

Thanks for the welcome folks, my last forum was a great place to have a laugh and get expert knowledge so I look forward to more of the same

Hiya and welcome to the mad house! Any pics of your car? You will learn loads on here esp how to spend your cash.

How do I upload pics? Can I use photobucket?

I'm afraid I am not that good with computers lol

Yes get a photobucket account and you can paste the 'direct link' into the 'insert image' icon.

Welcome to the site mate, You'll love it here.

What plans have you got for the car so far?

Sorry only just seen the reply

I have bluefin for now, after warranty runs out anything goes really :)