Over from SCN

JamJay

Reaction score
Hi all.

I hope you don't mind me coming across from SeatCupra to nose through your technical threads.

I own a Leon Cupra R (K04) and with the recent explosion of Hybrid K04's and the extensive tuning by Badget 5 Bill, I'm keen to learn more about it all and see how you 8L S3 people do things.

Anyway, some quick pics if you're interested, the only differences since these were taken being a height raise of 10mm at the rear, 10mm spacers at the front and 15mm at the rear. I'd like to get some pictures but the weather has been awful since the changes and seeing as it's only a Sunday car, I want to wait for the right conditions to get the shots :).

utf-8BRFNDRjg0NDIuSlBH.jpg

utf-8BRFNDRjg0NDQuSlBH.jpg

utf-8BRFNDRjg0NDMuSlBH.jpg

SCN members are always welcome JamJay
Car looks tidy

Thanks Voorhees,

You Audi guys certainly aren't shy about tinkering with your cars.

Quick spec list of mine and if any 1.8T owners have any questions, feel free to ask :)

- Neuspeed P-Flo air filter shield with silicone spacer and large JR filter
- Audi TT roadster wishbones
- Forge 007 DV (of course)
- N249 bypass
- Silicone TIP
- Custom air feed from Mercedes Actros
- 10mm lightweight hubcentric wheel spacers up front, 15mm at the rear
- Polished charge pipe and fuel rail
- Stiffer DBM
- Dimpled & grooved discs with DS2500 pads
- 3" DP & Race-Cat
- Coilover suspension
- Stage 1 AMD 268bhp/299lb-ft

To come are some thick ARBs, cat-back exhaust, FMIC & Stage 2 map. After this I'll be seriously looking into my options with hybrid K04's and BT applications as well as a suitable LSD.

Last edited:
Be sure to look at the stickies at the top of the A3/S3 section as behind the thread titles are loads of info tucked away.
Whiteline ARB's are quite good from what I've read (I run R32's as they were the best at the time)
Good spec LCR and modest power figures.

Thanks again, I'll get digging around. The Leon is consistently achieving 210g/s on the road when doing live logging with VCDS and 3 dyno runs have returned the near enough same bhp & torque as stated (not sure how to calculate torque using logs yet :D), rods are a consideration at some point, shortly after stage 2 perhaps. All in all I expect the peformance that I have is similar to most 8L S3's with the same tuning. The down pipe and race-cat have made a significant difference I must say.

I am familair with your name from SCN Tuffty, and of course Welly.

Hello and Welcome to ASN

Car looks luuuurvly :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the welcome's and comments, much appreciated :). The car is a constant WIP so month by month something changes. SCN has gone hybrid crazy lately, I'm still debating it based on the lack of suitable high-flow manifolds around but we'll see, still Badger 5's 3" TIP to go with the hybrid looks promising so I will see how well that goes with my current setup.

Once the car is rolling, it's pretty brutal I'll be honest but FWD 0-60...meh, I'll have to catch you up ;).

If there are any local S3 owners (Reigate area, Surrey), wave.