Hi, thanks for having me!

gary3306

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
New guy to the Audi scene here, having just bought myself a 2006 A4 1.9TDi S-Line, only 35,400miles from new, with bluetooth phone prep and voice activation. Always loved Audis above any other German marque and at last I have one.

I have loads of questions as I feel I am learning from scratch again. What I mean by that is; I've always been a Vauxhall man and in particular the good old rep-mobile, the Vectra. Over the years you learn all the various models little foibles and become a bit of an 'expert' on that model. Now I've got to start all over again with my Audi. I'm keen to learn what can and can't be done.

I have just parted with the flagship of the Vectra world, a 2007 VXR in Arden Blue and remapped by Courtenay Sport to 310bhp/425lbft, so it was a teensy bit fast :yes:, BUT, a fortune to run (£425 per year road tax). Was nice while it lasted, but time to be sensible again and move on.

I am Admin on a Vauxhall forum and have been for about two years. Prior to that I was a moderator on the site for about 3 years.

I look foreward to contributing what I can to the site and look forward to learning about my car.

Last edited:
Welcome to Ze Germans :p, i went from vauxhall to VW and the difference was amazing (Corsa C SRI) to a Mk5 Golf GT TDI.

Hiya and welcome. Sure it wont take you long to learn all about your car. Theres lots to learn on here and feel free to ask any questions to help you out. Pics of the car would be good...

As suggested, here are a couple of piccies of the A4 just after I picked it up. Took it straight to my workshop to give it a damn good valet. Snow foam top to bottom, jet wash, snow foam bottom to top, jet wash, dried, clayed, washed, dried, machine paint correction with Meguirs dual action polisher, stage one polish, waxed and glazed. 6 hours of sweat :wacko:
Not the best pics as from my phone

audi3.jpg

audi4.jpg

And this is what it replaced. Miss this car, but loving the Audi so it's all good

shiney1jpeg.jpg

shiney3jpeg.jpg

Looked a good day out despite the rain. Did you not get to throw the Bathurst about? Or were they a little guarded with that one? lol. I was working all that week and couldn't go :(

Bathurst wasn't a track car that day,I loved the corsa/astras they were superb.

Yea they aren't bad are they? I came very very close to buying a VXR8 about feb/march time this year. Did the test drive thing, talked figures at the garage etc etc, but had a word with myself in the end. It was gonna be silly money to run, but the noise........OH, the noise lol

Oh no, that shouldn't be allowed, you need to hear it :eyebrows:. They should pipe it into the helmets lol. The one I was looking at had the Walkinshaw system on, so it had two modes, silent (yea right) and NOT silent :ohmy:. Very nice indeed.

Devil and the deep blue sea Gary,it goes like a rocket so you have to wear a helmet :/