Ex Clio 172 Owner Wanting An Audi :)

Dunn

Reaction score
Ok Hi people

a little bit about me if anyone is interessted ;)

im 22 from cheshire and im a moter vehicle level 3 student

and i have been a big French car owner owning many clio's

on monday i crashed by 172 on the way back from college (not my fault)

So for a while ive been looking at getting an Audi

in particualar an A3 2000-2003 1.8t and in an ideal world a quattro with leather

ive driven the 150bhp 1.8 an liked the smoothness an quality build compared to my clio

So anyone know of any for sale i have 3-4k to spend and problem i have found is that there either really cheap with near 200k miles or the lower mileage ones are knockin on the door of s3 prices

anyway chat away as i have a week off to recover and car hunting is on my agenda :)

Hiya and welcome. Ouch! not good. But on the bright side and Audi could be on the way! Hope you find a descent one and may be good posting in the A3 8L part of the forum, some of the guys there may know of some cars. Theres always Ebay/Auto Trader/Piston Heads too.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hi and thanks Sarah :) ill post in the a3 section then

ive been lookinfg over at pistonheads/ebay etc but just cant seem to find something just right

They do come up, just a case of patience. Hard I know. Took me ages to find mine, glad I waited though. Keep doing the newly listed on Ebay. Hope you find one.

Welcome Dunn. Cliosport user per chance?

Sorry to hear about the bump. Hope insurance are being OK with you!

Can't really offer much help apart from checking the usual places, like eBay, PH and AutoTrader...

Jamie

sorry to see that fella.. hope your ok... I loved my Clio Sport.... but as Sarah said.. hope you get your hands on a nice A3 8L soon.. good luck buddy..

Yes im on cliosport under the same name JD :)

thanks people, yea ill keep looking and yes the insurance are being good about it so far

so hopefully ill have some boost soon :)

Sorry to hear about your off roading - at least it was in the french one and not the german one!! Only kidding mate - my fiancee has a red 197 with white wheels and all the side skirts, front splitter, rear wing, recaros etc, and previous to that she had a 182 in blue with the gordini stripes. I've also had a few Renaults myself as well when I was younger, I had a well tuned 5 Turbo with a cream recaro interior created by Jamie Shaw (Carisma - Pimp my Ride), and a phase one and a phase two 19 16v's both in grey - these were some of my favourite cars!

However - I'm now converted to all things Audi!

PICT0367aaa.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Renault5GTTurbo.jpg

Renault1916vPhase1Front.jpg

welcome!

im looking for a clio sport i can abuse on track, so if you can sell me yours for about 4 quid that'd be great!

just so you know, getting into an a3/s3 from your clio, you will be dissapointed with chuckability of it, but then it IS a totally different car! you will be so much happier on other fronts tho, luxuries, comfort, quality etc.

you say your lookin for a quattro 1.8t. don't, get a fwd, the added weight of the quattro will spoil it, a fwd will be lighter, quicker with mods, and feel much closer to your clio, which is awesome! otherwise if you are fixed on AWD then go s3, as this has the power and setup to throw the AWD around and still feel quick/er than your clio :) in a straight line anyway.

happy shopping dude!

as a student i feel for you with crashing it, i fear this everyday!

karl thats a great response there, i know i would regret getting AWD because of the added weight so i am going to look into the 150 FWD
i know its not as chuckable as the clio but then again i dont fancy meeting a tree again
and with the problems of dephaser pully's etc on the clio's then i wont miss it for a while lol

Chris555

nice selection of car's mate ;) i best go view some audis then ay? :)

no problem mate, obviously coming from such a fun car your gonna compare like everyone would, and im sure everyone could guarantee you you'l find the fwd one more fun than awd.

so what happens with the clio now? if you dont mind me asking.