hi there, experienced audi mechanic.

murran

Reaction score
newish member saying hello.
been on here for a few weeks now mostly giving tech. advice.
dont drive any audi at present but owned a '86 90 quattro... '90 80 sport for a while. now on to old bmws and interested in drifting.
IMG_2421.jpg

thanks,
john.

Last edited by a moderator:
just wondered if i can help anyone out for a cash reward..... is that a crime? i do work for people on bmw forums?

Last edited:
Yes.

As per my PM to you, touting for work like this is classed as advertising.

i dont run/own any company or buisness. ive done work in the past for beer money/parts/favours mostly!

quite surprised actually, moderators on trampdrift and bmwe21.net point members local to me for jobs they need doing for cheaps, saves them some money......
im not sh1t or inexperienced.

Last edited:
I'm afraid this isn't a topic for debate...

Lots of members of this forum help each other out; some receive a verbal thank-you, a return favour in the bank, a slice of pizza or a beer. Sometimes even a few quid will change hands by way of a thank-you. All fine. Directly posting on here offering to do work for cash is entirely different though, regardless of how you split the hair.

I'm afraid, for the protection of members (in terms of security), and protection of partner companies (who've invested in order to post on here offering products or services in return for cash); this type of thing is not allowed.

We're not trying to persecute you, or clip the wings of a helpful member of the community; there's no malice intended or ill-feeling present. However, that does not change the fact that posts offering to work for cash aren't allowed by anyone other than authorised partners.

I understand you're not going to sign up to an advertising package in order to make a bit of extra pocket money/beer tokens etc., of course that's completely inviable; but I'm afraid that doesn't automatically grant leave to operate outside the rules, it simply means you'll just have to refrain from posts like that on Audi-Sport.net

Regards,

Rob.

quite surprised actually, moderators on trampdrift and bmwe21.net point members local to me for jobs they need doing for cheaps, saves them some money......
im not sh1t or inexperienced.

In reply to your edit (made after my reply above), bluntly, good for them.

We've only got your word to say you're a) not a company b) not s**t c) not inexperienced. I guess if Wayne Rooney promised you he'd treat your daughter right, you'd take that as Gospel?

Again, I'm afraid this is not a subject for debate, and I really couldn't give a flying f**k what the bimmer forums do and don't do; I was taught the folly of that type of argument when I was still knee high to a grasshopper with those immortal words "Well if Thomas put his hand in a fire, would you do the same?"

If the bimmer forums are happy for you to post like that, and even push folk your way, great. I honestly hope you earn a few quid out of it; but again, please refrain from doing it here. If that's all you're here for, well, politely CLICK HERE.

Regards,

Rob.

tbh you dont know me... i understand. see my previous posts, im honest and i know what im on about, and wouldnt take on a job i couldnt do outside of work.
i'll continue to visit here offering tech advice. im not here to "tout" for cash. just wondered if.... well never mind.

i have two sons 5 and 6 actually..... no daughters.

sadly the only pic i have of my 80 sport. (behind my old golf)
beemer004.jpg

sold because of noisy gearbox.
and the only pic of my old 90.
beemer009.jpg

sold because it would have cost far too much to to fit all ur quattro suspension to make it handle properly and to fit 5 stud s2 wheels.

cheers, its such a good giggle. but its alot more difficult than it looks. anyone can step the back of a car out coming out of a corner. but trying to hold as much angle as you can into corners then transitioning and doing it again is hard!

thanks for the welcomes guys!

my mates just got his j plate 80 sport on the road. exactly the same as my old one...... had a drive of it the other day, its still fwd wrongness but i do miss mine a little bit.

Hi mate im new on this still dnt reali no how this works but here goes i own a 2007 a4 s line 170bhp n its causing me alot of pain n words of wisdom