Badger5Sky Insurance
    6th Gear

Status

hi there, experienced audi mechanic.

newish member saying hello.
    been on here for a few weeks now mostly giving tech. advice.
    dont drive any audi at present but owned a '86 90 quattro... '90 80 sport for a while. now on to old bmws and interested in drifting.

thanks,
    john.
    Last edited by L1 HCS; 7th September 2010 at 23:12.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear
    Candy Tetris Champion, Mahjong Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Status
    "Swallow your pride occasionally, it's not fattening." - Frank Tyger
    "Avoid making irrevocable decisions while tired or hungry." - Robert Heinlein

6th Gear

Status
    just wondered if i can help anyone out for a cash reward..... is that a crime? i do work for people on bmw forums?
    Last edited by murran; 7th September 2010 at 23:18.

6th Gear
    Candy Tetris Champion, Mahjong Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Status
    Yes.

As per my PM to you, touting for work like this is classed as advertising.
    "Swallow your pride occasionally, it's not fattening." - Frank Tyger
    "Avoid making irrevocable decisions while tired or hungry." - Robert Heinlein

6th Gear

Status
    i dont run/own any company or buisness. ive done work in the past for beer money/parts/favours mostly!

quite surprised actually, moderators on trampdrift and bmwe21.net point members local to me for jobs they need doing for cheaps, saves them some money......
    im not sh1t or inexperienced.
    Last edited by murran; 7th September 2010 at 23:33.

Administrator

Status
    I'm afraid this isn't a topic for debate...

Lots of members of this forum help each other out; some receive a verbal thank-you, a return favour in the bank, a slice of pizza or a beer. Sometimes even a few quid will change hands by way of a thank-you. All fine. Directly posting on here offering to do work for cash is entirely different though, regardless of how you split the hair.

I'm afraid, for the protection of members (in terms of security), and protection of partner companies (who've invested in order to post on here offering products or services in return for cash); this type of thing is not allowed.

We're not trying to persecute you, or clip the wings of a helpful member of the community; there's no malice intended or ill-feeling present. However, that does not change the fact that posts offering to work for cash aren't allowed by anyone other than authorised partners.

I understand you're not going to sign up to an advertising package in order to make a bit of extra pocket money/beer tokens etc., of course that's completely inviable; but I'm afraid that doesn't automatically grant leave to operate outside the rules, it simply means you'll just have to refrain from posts like that on Audi-Sport.net

Regards,

Rob.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

Administrator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by murran View Post
    quite surprised actually, moderators on trampdrift and bmwe21.net point members local to me for jobs they need doing for cheaps, saves them some money......
    im not sh1t or inexperienced.
    In reply to your edit (made after my reply above), bluntly, good for them.

We've only got your word to say you're a) not a company b) not s**t c) not inexperienced. I guess if Wayne Rooney promised you he'd treat your daughter right, you'd take that as Gospel?

Again, I'm afraid this is not a subject for debate, and I really couldn't give a flying f**k what the bimmer forums do and don't do; I was taught the folly of that type of argument when I was still knee high to a grasshopper with those immortal words "Well if Thomas put his hand in a fire, would you do the same?"

If the bimmer forums are happy for you to post like that, and even push folk your way, great. I honestly hope you earn a few quid out of it; but again, please refrain from doing it here. If that's all you're here for, well, politely CLICK HERE.

Regards,

Rob.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

6th Gear

Status
    tbh you dont know me... i understand. see my previous posts, im honest and i know what im on about, and wouldnt take on a job i couldnt do outside of work.
    i'll continue to visit here offering tech advice. im not here to "tout" for cash. just wondered if.... well never mind.

i have two sons 5 and 6 actually..... no daughters.

6th Gear

Status
    sadly the only pic i have of my 80 sport. (behind my old golf)

sold because of noisy gearbox.
    and the only pic of my old 90.

sold because it would have cost far too much to to fit all ur quattro suspension to make it handle properly and to fit 5 stud s2 wheels.

Interior Next!!

Status
    hi mate, welcome! also love driftin!!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

6th Gear

Status
    cheers, its such a good giggle. but its alot more difficult than it looks. anyone can step the back of a car out coming out of a corner. but trying to hold as much angle as you can into corners then transitioning and doing it again is hard!

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    I sooooo want to do that! On my to do list! lol

Welcome by the way.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    Welcome to the forum john

6th Gear

Status
    thanks for the welcomes guys!

my mates just got his j plate 80 sport on the road. exactly the same as my old one...... had a drive of it the other day, its still fwd wrongness but i do miss mine a little bit.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Welcome to the site.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK