Newbie with 2.5 v6 quattro sport avant

C17LJR

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Been on here watching for a few months, thought i'd get myself introduced properly, so;

I'm Carl, 28 from Kirkcaldy, Fife in Scotland. I'm engaged with 3 kids. (all to the fiancé lol)

I've owned only vw's since learning to drive, had in excess of 40 from mk1 golfs - mk4 golfs & a few corrados, I've always fancied something a bit bigger & due to the aforementioned 3 kids, thought it was about time,

so, always loved the b6 avant so decided to treat myself

Its a 2.5 v6 tdi sport quattro

a4_side1.jpg

a4_side2.jpg

a4_side3.jpg

a4_side4.jpg

a4_side.jpg

a4_side6.jpg

a4_back.jpg

a4_back1.jpg

a4_interior.jpg

a4_interior1.jpg

a4_interior2.jpg

so, bought the car off ebay, went down to Norwich to collect & fell in love driving the 400 odd miles home,

however, 2 weeks later, disater struck. when getting back into the car after being to the shops, tried to turn it over to hear the dredded timing clunk!

on closer inspection with the front end off, the waterpump had failed taking the idler pulley & tensioner with it.

being optimistic (and as the car was stationary when it failed) we fitted a new belt kit & tried to turn by hand, this mother wasn't for turning though!

now 3 months from it happening, the engine is almost completely rebuilt, at a cost of just over £4,000

So, now its almost back on the road, its time for the mods.

Standard features

full factory gmbh kit (commonly known now as the s-line kit)
factory lowered (20-25mm i think)
grey electric leather
tints all round
silver mirror cases
audi symphony stereo incorporating front loading 6 disc changer.
audi sub & amp
comfort blinkers

mods done before the engine failure...

coded auto roll up windows from the key on vagcom

mods planned...

first things first, bought some wheels that i've always liked that i was going to fit to my bora 4motion, these are 18" champions from the vw phaeton. here there are & how they'd look on the avant

Champion.jpg

6fa9fda6.jpg

a4side3copy.jpg

however, plans have changed & these are now for sale as i've got my hands on another set of 18" a8 fat fives

e46f7d28.jpg

Hey mate, welcome - thorough intro! Really sorry to hear about your bad luck, but I hope everything goes well for you now.

Best wishes

Chris

Hiya, nice choice of car, always loved them and its a top colour too! Shame you had problems but now they are almost sorted its time to enjoy!

thanks for the welcome guys, got a bit carried away with my intro, think i'll start a new 'members motors' type post to provide the other updates