New Audi owner + Caterham7

We have just bought a 2000 Audi A4 2.5TDI Quattro Avant. Part ex'd a Subaru Impreza P1 and got money back so not so bad. Subaru too expensive (insurance serviceing petrol) but it was bl**dy quick, but the Audi makes more sense.

Also have a 200bhp Caterham for fun. I think there are quite a few Caterham/Audi owners out there.

Already had help from members on this site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif. If it is half as good as blatchat ( Caterham/Lotus 7 owners club web site) then this will be a great place for help an assistance!

Hi and welcome.
what you have is very close to what I want when I go back to france in 6 months.
An A4 quattro avant diesel and a track type car. Perfect!
What caterham is it? R400?

Hi,

Yes do not keep reminding me it is somewhat slower than the P1!

My Caterham is a Zetec engined 7 road legal but stripped of all non essentials if that is possible with a 7. car weighs about 500kgs with 200bhp so has 400bhp/tonne making it pretty quick. Mainly used on Track days and Sprints/hill climbs P1 seem slow compared to this!

Sounds like a pretty good combintion of motors to me. Maybe see you at Elvington sometime soon.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Arrrr a P1!!!
I put a deposit down on one of those, and then realised my insurance wouldn't cover me, so had to bail out and bought a mundane motor instead... I suppose I'm glad to hear you say that it's too much to insure/service...Makes me feel abit better.
Still... the fastest 4 wheels I've ever driven to this day... well done mate.

Picket,

I was there this summer in my mates Elise. Great runoffs which always come in handy!
Give me a PM before you head down.
Cheers

OB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
glen said:
Arrrr a P1!!!
I put a deposit down on one of those, and then realised my insurance wouldn't cover me, so had to bail out and bought a mundane motor instead... I suppose I'm glad to hear you say that it's too much to insure/service...Makes me feel abit better.
Still... the fastest 4 wheels I've ever driven to this day... well done mate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as fast as a modded S4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (I mean my modded S4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

And probably not as fast as the Evo8 FQ340... that's a f**king fast car.

G