Hello from a potential new A3 owner

Ovv

Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

Thought I would say hello before I start asking all sorts of silly questions about buying a Audi.
Currently driving a MK5 Golf as a daily runner with a Classic Impreza in the garage as a weekend toy, but looking at a 2008 A3 Sportback to replace the VW.

Still in the process of deciding between the a Audi or a newer MK6 Golf.

Anyways, Im sure I will be asking some questions soon enough,

Chris.

WELCOME to ASN fella..... hope to hear bits on your progress and see some pics of the motor.. (you know the SB makes sense over the mk 6):eyebrows:

you know the SB makes sense over the mk 6:eyebrows:
lol - Yeah, I drove one at the local Audi garage and absolutely loved it, 140 TDI S Line - loved the leather and interior, a bit down on power though but thats only cos my Golf is remapped, plus it was missing some toys - Auto Lights & Rain Sensors & Cruise, which my MK5 has and MK6 Golf has as standard.

Think I will have to wait and try for a private sale though, trade in price was pretty shocking. cheers for the welcome btw.

Welcome & TBH mate, the 8P is a nice car if setup right, the MK5 has some lovely looks if kitted up like a GTI or R32, also can add some nice features like the touch screen nav, mk5 is a nice car, but then the 8P interior can look spot on, hard decisions I'd say.

Do you specifically want an 08 SB as I might be offloading an 05 with nice setup.

Cheers for the welcome and the cheeky offer, but looking for slightly younger car. My Golf is a 54 plate so looking at 08 plates purely as thats what my budget of 18k can stretch too. Thats also roughly the price of a 59 plate pre-registered Golf.

Torn between newer Golf or older Audi - Golf wins on toys and warranty / Audi wins on drive & Interior... Tough decisions indeeed.