new member right here!

steve bain

Reaction score
hello all.

thought i'd sign up as i've just gone and bought myself an audi. the missus finally had enough of the old landrover defender so we changed for a proper car. one ebay purchase later and 6 hour round trip, breaking every rule about not viewing first, buying one way ticket etc! i now have a 1997 audi a3. good news is i was suprised to find alpine ipod headunit, jbl amp and sub, full stainless steel exhaust, eibach coilovers and 18 inch alloys. winner!

speak soon, steve

hi guys, yeah seems to be good, just tatty! thank for friendly responses.

found a sony cd changer in cubby hole! i think it has an s3 front bumper too. i also found grooved disks! and i believe green stuff pads. it has red arb too so there is a chance there uprated also. its the car that just keeps giving!

it has had 9 owners ad i think the mods got forgotten about through various owners

i gave it a quick t-cut and polish tonight. the paint work is ok, but has tons of small scratches and stone chips. it looks like a city car if that makes sense.

BzuO5dCGkKGrHqNiMEw5ddm6kwBMUuGJnQ_3.jpg

BzuO23CWkKGrHqZhgEw5RUeYJBMUt3Yq4Q_3.jpg

BzuO78QBGkKGrHqJhgEw5L-tocBMUuUT81Q_3.jpg

BzuOupwEGkKGrHqJiIEw5EnZ9BMUtMIcU_3.jpg

this was the ad:
(i must have been mad!!)

i AM SELLING MY AUDI A3 DUE TO STARTING MI OWN ROOFING COMPANY AND IN NEED OFF A VAN FOR THIS REASON I NEED A QUICK SALE. THE AUDI UR BIDDING ON IS A VERY REALIBLE CAR NEVER LET ME DOWN STARTS FIRST TIME EVERY TIME. I HAVE ONLY OWEND THE CAR FOR COUPLE OFF MOUNTHS THE FIRST THING I DID WHEN I BOUGHT IT WAS PUT A COMPLETE CAM BELT KIT DUE TO THE HIGH MILES.IT HAS 18 ICH ALLOYS WITH SCUFFS (AS SHOWN IN PICS) LOVELY SWADE SEATS CAS ITS THE SE MODEL GOT HIGH SPEC. I WILL ALSO INCLUDE TOP OFF THE RANGE SOUND SYSTEM (AS SHOW IN PICS). GOT MINER SCUFFS AND ONE FRONT LIGHT BROKE (SHOWN IN PICS) FOR THE AGE OFF THE CAR ITS IN REAL GD COND. NO TIME WASTERS PLEASE THIS CAR WILL MAKE SUM ONE HAPPY

hi all. I'm back! Sadly the missus left me and took the Audi with her (hence the very short visit!) and even sader I bought a Mondeo to tide me over. I hate it. Anyways, during a moment of madness last night I bought a bright purple A3 1.8T, so at least this one will go! and I can get rid of the mondeo! It will need a whole new interior as one in it is shot and some of the body needs touching up here and there, but it only cost me £1000 with 12mths mot so I can't complain too much! I think if i spend £500 on it I should be able to clean it up using pre cherished parts. Opinions please on my new pink car! I know it is nothing special, but watch this space...I am thinking about stripping it out to make a track car seeing as the interior is shot...mmm.

It seems to have side skirts and a bit on the bottom of the rear bumper too which I am unsure about but will probably uncover more problems if I remove them.

CBnQ9RmkKGrHqQOKo8E0U64M8QhBNIbRBT9w_12.jpg

sorry to hear about your missus taking the car mate. good luck with this project.

Hey not a bad purchase there, something to get your teeth into. Welcome back and sorry to hear your news. Hope all goes well and keep us updated on the progress.

Worse bit was just mot'ed it and got everything fixed! It was like she was waiting! Ho hum. This one is a better base. Newer car with new handles etc. Plus better engine. Progress will be slow as will be when funds allow but I am looking forward to working on it. I.LL keep you posted...

Also, opinions please. do think I should pick up a good secondhand interior (amazingly only around £200 for a full SE interior) or strip it out and go buckets and cage? it would probably cost similar money, but I have always wanted a stripped out race car, but very impractical day to day...mmm. be faster though.