my girlfriends new car

s3gav

Reaction score
just thought id post some pics
finally got my girlfriend a new car its a vw beetle 1.6.
its standard at the mo but ive got my black 18inch rstt's to go on and its going to be lowered slightly

media.jpg

kjiu.jpg

juuuy.jpg

juiio.jpg

My girlfriend also has a VW beetle, her's is a 2.0 petrol (auto). It has full leather interior etc, but is still standard as she won't let me touch it. I have driver it a few times and its very very comfortable (polite for boring, haha), IMO your doing the right thing by lowering and bigger wheel with low profile tyres, will make it alot more fun to drive. Pretty reliable though, looks like you have picked up and good one there.

yeah not my choice of car but its not for me miles better than her old fiat punto

not a bad car for an 18yr girl to own
defo think it will look cool once ive done some bits to it lol

There a black one round the corner from me sitting on the new shape golf R32 wheels and lowered about 40mil by the looks of it and it looks so much better. My gf has owned hers for just over a year and she has had no probs, so defo a good choice for reliabilty. Good luck with the modding.....

thanks mate
im in liverpool at the mo and theres a black one here to on old shape r32 rims lol i think with afew little mods they look ok.
she wanted a mk4 golf to start with but they are so common these days wanted something abit different and more reliable than the punto.

i take it your gfs has alloys as its the 2.0?
anyone know a good place to buy a rear spoiler oem look nothing fast and furious looking lol?

yeah it has the standard factory 16s i think, nothing exciting cause she won't let me near it to make it look better, you can find the spoliers on ebay i think mate, i looked before she told me to 'leave her car alone' hahaha. the only thing i'd advise you to look out for are the electric windows moving slowly and sticking because the glass is so big and heavy, i sprayed some furniture polish on the runs and it works fine afterwards.

thanx i think there ok at the mo
i think they look ok on standard alloys i would leave them on my gfs if it had them but i cant stand wheel trims,
im allowed to do stuff to it because im paying for the car and the bits lol,
i told myself no more throwing money at the s3 but now ive moved on to her car i can't help myself didnt realise you could do so much to a beetle.
i managed to find a spoiler in the end i looked on ebay but the one i found was from taiwan and says you dont need to drill holes to fix it down? sounds bit crap to me

Last edited:
Cool, they do look much better with the spoiler on. Helps you recognise the front from the back, haha. Which one did you end up getting? i reckon with a drop, blacked out windows, bigger wheels and spoiler it will look really good. Have alook at getting a central arm rest, really good for long cruises. Plus there are plenty of chromey bits for the interior to spruce it up abit aswell, rings for the controls, rings for the vents, if its anything like my gf's the handles inside might be scratch to f*ck by rings and stuff so some chrome effect covers look really good (i'll get some pics up if you want me to?).

yeah pics would be good mate

ive just put the 18s on will definitely need lowering and ive put on the ally heater control rings and light switch ring on and the handle surrounds lol
looks much better. the car had 2 lady owners before so was quite alot of scratches inside
already came with centre armrest mate.
the spoiler i havent bought yet i google new shape vw beetle spoiler and look at the 1st result it was £100 and looked quite smart will get some more pics up later

afew more pics of what ive done so far
DSC00011.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

heres the spoiler i found from by body kits uk
spoiler.jpg

Looks much much better now. A drop on those wheels will look even better. Top work, wish my other half had let me play with her beetle, hahaha

i think it looks ok now it sits lower when being driven, im going to look into some springs but will wait till ive got new discs and pads for front and rear save me having to remove the wheels twice
got anew gear gaitor coming a new key as it only has 1 and the whole day saturday changing cleaning and polishing and it should be a smart little car

mod it while shes asleep mate lol

I have thought about it, but she is trying to get rid of it now as its abit to juicey now she has changed work location. But its been a reliable little car and will be missed. Especailly as she is looking non VAG for her next car.

thats a bummer whats she after now?

All depends, if she moves jobs so its closer to home she'll keep the beetle and i'm going to play alittle with it, regardless of what she says.
If she has to change cars, we are looking at a little Yaris, 1.3......not very exciting, haha

ordered the 55mm lowering springs last night, ive got oem discs and pads for alround and ive still got to give the car a good valet so i will be very busy next weekend lol, cant wait to see it lowered lol

Wicked, look forward to seeing it after the drop. Good news, the gf has decided to keep the bug now so i might get to play around with it afterall.

cool bet you glad shes keeping it lol.
i cant wait either it sits way to high at the mo,
im gna have the wheels re done in anthracite as there looking abit worse for wear

yeah defo glad she is keeping it, seems a shame as i now know the history of the car and pretty sure its a good little motor. I'm planning on putting the RS6 alloys off my A4 onto her bug (when i get my new wheels), then induction kit, exhaust, stereo, lowering springs. She doesn't really have a choice now.

haha good man you tell her
ive got my k&n panel filter on the bug and im thinking boxster s style centre exit exhaust?
then thats it because ive bought my bros mk4 xr3i rs lookalike lol its got a solid shell with no rust so couldnt let it go,
all it needs is a good tidy up.

evening all
lowered the bug today 50mm springs all round with my s3 front struts, rear struts to be changed soon.
What a difference it handles so well now, im well impressed it looks a million times better to
will get some pics tomorrow as i didnt get a chance today. Also fitted the new oem front discs and pads the rears i couldnt do as a bolt was rounded off on the caliper meaning i couldnt remove it.

looking forward to seeing pics, sounds wicked.

finally got some pics
daniandmycars006.jpg

daniandmycars005.jpg

daniandmycars004.jpg

daniandmycars003.jpg

daniandmycars002.jpg

daniandmycars001.jpg

it looks so much better now and it has settled abit lower now

not a fan of the beetle tbh, but i really like them alloys :)

me neither mate but its grown on me quite alot lol i wouldn't ever have one myself its defo a girls car.

the wheels make such a difference, i nearly sold them so glad i didn't now

so do i and the girlfriend lol but she isnt allowed to drive mine hahaha

I think it looks good mate, just showed the new pics to my GF and she likes it too, looks like i might get my way of having a play with it afterall, cheers, hehehehe

I think it looks good mate, just showed the new pics to my GF and she likes it too, looks like i might get my way of having a play with it afterall, cheers, hehehehe

haha brilliant mate my girlfriend loves it even more now because of the slightly bouncy ride and the fact that it doesn't blow about in the wind lol, if you do lower it go slighty lower spring for the rear compared to the fronts i went 50mm all round and the back sits quite abit higher than the front.

Looks a lot better on lower suspension. You just need to get some VW badges for the wheel centres.

thanx mate

yeah centre caps are a must but the bug modding has been halted due to 2 holidays coming up and my new project lol

Hello Gav hows things m8.??

Got rid of the dreaded Punto then.. Never really see any done up Beetles looks pretty good actually...

Thats a nice Forge list u got there.. Almost identical to mine Lol..

hello mate yeah got rid of it one thing went wrong we fixxed that then it was never ending,
someone must have bodged it in the past, so we decided we couldnt sell it to someone so traded it in lol

im good thanx hows you?

lol i know our cars should be in the forge brochure still need to fit my quickshift aswell.
my cars off the road now im going to strip the underneath and get aload of bits powder coated and replace all bushes.
the porsche wheels are on the bug at the mo lol had to see what they looked like haha

thought id try my wheels lol

bug.jpg

bug4.jpg

bug3.jpg

bug2.jpg

I think they suit your S3 better mate and I think the multi spoke one's suite the beetle better, but was a good experiment to see. Hope your changing them back.......

they look so much better in the flesh dont worry we are visiting friends in cornwall so when i get back
they will be changed back lol.
have you started on your gfs bug yet mate?

i want to change the back box purely for looks but i cant decide whether to go the old boxster style single centre exit or the mk5 R32 style twin with a matt black surround?

any thoughts anyone?