Blue flame

robern2

Reaction score
Just had the blue flame turbo back system fitted today to compliment revo stage 2 code, autotech pump, forge dv and panel filter on my edition 30.

The quality of the system is genuinely superb, I couldn't fault it in any way.

Hearing the engine start up for the first time, my heart was in my mouth thinking what if the noise was too much, what if the wife didn't like it ? Fortunately Martin's quick trip up and down the car park confirmed a deep inoffensive tone.

The obligatory quick trip with the wife ended up becoming the full 100 mile bedding in experience, appeasing her with lunch in the country along the way.

The most obvious exhaust noise was when pulling away in first gear but in the course of the first 100 miles appears has become quieter.

Having driven the car on a range of different A/B roads and motorways there appears to be no drone at any speed nor is the volume overly loud both of which were concerns of mine as I want the car to remain relatively discreet (the exhaust tips have no blue flame emblems on them so looks very original equipment).

On wide open throttle the sound of the exhaust is infectious. The car has noticeably improved flexibility across the entire rev range. Given the revo settings were only changed the other day plus the exhaust fitment today I imagine the ecu may still be adapting to the new found spool up of the turbo.

I thought the mid range pull was good before but now its almost brutal, pulling all the way round to the red line with total ease in seemingly any gear.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the system to anyone considering an after market system. It is by far the best bang for your buck after the revo code.

Not much left to do now, some ds2500 pads, cooler plugs, geometry set up at centre gravity and perhaps an intercooler from father Christmas if I’m a good boy.

My thanks to Nigel at blue flame for convincing me it was the right system to buy, it does what is says on the tin.
Thanks also to Martin at Infinity exhausts for being a perfectionist when it came to the fitting.