Golf GT TDi

s3madness

Reaction score
Hi, im looking to purchase a GT TDi of soem i know, there are a couple of things i needed some light on.
The headlights are not in line, light shines directly in the middle, if i get a HID kit fitted, wil this resolve the problem?
The remote central locking doesnt work either, is this the imobiliser fault?
The gears are stiff, is this a problem?

Thanks in advance if some1 could help.

Just get the headlights adjusted so the beam pattern is correct, maybe the adjusters have been turned to much & have come loose aswell, hid wont rectify this just maybe make a wider beam given has no lense in the headlight for the correct pattern plus when mot comes along could be illegal.

Remote locking isnt anything to do with immo, immo & locking are 2 different systems, locking can most likely be fixed by 2 things either seperately or together, battery needs replacing in remotes or recode them to the cars locking or both, so should be easy fix.

Stiff gears could be sign of clutch or gearbox issues, what mileage & age of car/driver?

Thanks NHN.
mileage is 122k, its a 2000 model, driver 21. clutch feels ok, its jus the gears are stiff.

well gearbox/clutch arent exactly cheap so upto you if its that cheap to allow for those repair jobs should it need.