Chris NottVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

Question Decent headunits for VAG?

Hi all, has anyone recently bought a new headunit to go in their car. I have a Passat with the Blue lighting / red button dash and I'm looking at buying a new MP3 / bluetooth Headunit to replace the Gamma / 6CD set-up.

I am torn between a few different ones, Blaupunkt MP68 / couple of Kenwoods and the Pioneer DEH-P BT700 (or similar)

Has anyone got any of these in their car and how well do they match the car. I am getting old and want something that blends in well and doesn't have too many flashing lights and logos etc.

Cheers for any responses....
    2001 VW Passat 130 TDi Sport 6 Speed
    1999 Honda CBR900RR-X FIREBLADE

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dark Knight

Status

Arrow dont upgrade

dont upgrade ,

get a xcarlink ,

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JayB5UK View Post
    Hi all, has anyone recently bought a new headunit to go in their car. I have a Passat with the Blue lighting / red button dash and I'm looking at buying a new MP3 / bluetooth Headunit to replace the Gamma / 6CD set-up.

I am torn between a few different ones, Blaupunkt MP68 / couple of Kenwoods and the Pioneer DEH-P BT700 (or similar)

Has anyone got any of these in their car and how well do they match the car. I am getting old and want something that blends in well and doesn't have too many flashing lights and logos etc.

Cheers for any responses....
    Current Audi A3 2.0 TDI New shape
    Audi S3 -MAD / Tax Beater /Forge 007/Stage 2 Vagcheck /
    Mk2 G60 Stage 4 Jabbasport
    Corrado G60 Stage 4 Jabbasport / Porsche Rims / bhp 265/ decat

5th Gear

Status
    Depends how much you want to spend? I know I have posted this before but the Becker cascade pro is excellent. Bluetooth hands free phone, wap, Mp3, ipod connection, sat nav, Sim card slot (if req) and loads of other cool bit including vario colour choice.

Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

6th Gear

Status
    nomad has a Becker in his Audi A4 (B5) and it blends in superbly well and has a lovelly sound to it.

I've always been a huge fan of Kenwoods and as such replaced my aging PS1077R with one of these;

It lasted 4 days before it decided it didn't want to illuminate or play any CD. I took it back and swapped it for this unit which was more pricey.

This was better and it lasted a whole 2 weeks . After that I got the hump with Kenwood got my money back and got this which has been faultless.

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    9812RBs are well old now, hope you got it for the right money !
    4x60w V-drive units were a pain in the arse - I hope you have wired it correctly direct to the battery otherwise you'll have no warranty.
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !