Touareg

A4 TC

1.8T quattro sline
Reaction score
Anybody driven one of these beasts ? looking to get a altitude version but cant decide on which engine yet. Do they drive like a car or a truck? cheers.

There are better options out there IMHO, they look nice... My wife initially wanted one but has now changed her mind and is after an ML instead.

My local sales chap at VW said you have to really want a Tourag as they depreciaite at around a grand a month in the first year.

J.

VW invited me on a corporate day out in a towrag. Setting the cruise conrol at 50 and running round a line of cones was interesting !!. Hangling is superb, and the brakes...well how do it put this...I would not like to be behind one that did an emergency stop. They had us running them at 60mph and hitting the brake with both feet whilst not holding the steering wheel. Not something you'll try on the road, but drives the point home. Off road performance was unreal. If I hadn't of been in it I wouldn't have believed it. Creeping over the edge of a drop in tight woodland where youcant see where the wet muddy track is going is very un-nerving. Hill decent is pretty special. The V6 diesel was the best engine option.

Can'y justify the 4x4 thing as mainly cruising motorways...but a cool set of wheels....far from a truck.

I have drove most of the range,5cylinder diesel,3.0 v6 tdi and the v10 tdi,they actually drive not to bad at all,if ure money can stretch a bit then go for v10 tdi awesome engine,but for economy and price go for the 3.0tdi.