1997 golf gti help

dan.obi

Reaction score
hi i have a P reg golf gti and its having problems starting it cranks over ok but goes no futher but i was told it could be the fuel pump not getting the fuel to the engine in time but recently noticed when i turn the igniton on there is something on the dis saying 'IN O2' is this an error my thought was maybe it was taking in air from some where and loosing compression,

can someone help me with this problem...

Thanks

I think the DIS message means an inspection service is due?

Your problem could be one of many many things, Fuel pump, does it work? is the fuse ok? Could also be a battery problem, is voltage good etc? Or a HT problem, do you have good spark when cranking the engine over? Plugs and leads all in good condition? Any arcing or loss of spark from the HT system?

Issac Hunt said:
I think the DIS message means an inspection service is due?

Your problem could be one of many many things, Fuel pump, does it work? is the fuse ok? Could also be a battery problem, is voltage good etc? Or a HT problem, do you have good spark when cranking the engine over? Plugs and leads all in good condition? Any arcing or loss of spark from the HT system?

there is a good spark whe cranking the engine, as for the fuel pump not sure if this is working is there away for testing, the battery is brand new, and as far as i can see there is no problems with the HT lead, so can only be one thing 'fuel pump' but would rather check this before buying another one.... any advice on how to remove these and test...