Rain sensitive wipers

46TheDoctor

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor
Reaction score
:p Hi, any of you V dUB guys know how to disable rain sensitive wipers on my wifes 52plate bora tdi 130 sport, also when disabled does the variable intermittent switch still work?:jump:

When the variable intermittent switch is set to lowest that turns on the auto wipers, setting it to anything else makes them manual - I thought.

SENSOR IS ON REAR VIEW MIRROR,YOU CAN SEE THIS FROM OUTSIDE,THE WIRING IS ON THE REAR VIEW MIRROR ASWELL

46TheDoctor said:
:p Hi, any of you V dUB guys know how to disable rain sensitive wipers on my wifes 52plate bora tdi 130 sport,

Main stealer, or VAG-COM

46TheDoctor said:
also when disabled does the variable intermittent switch still work?:jump:

Dunno, but I would have thought so!

Why you getting rid? Is it cos theyve got a mind of their own? Mine have!! :lmfao:

To be fair stan generally i think there quite good, albeit still a little too sensitive on the minimum setting, due to them being a little sensitive they tend to wipe the screen when its not really wet enough, thus my screen has really fine scratches in the sweep area and this must be caused when wipers are dragged across a dusty screen rather than gliding over a wet screen, the car has only covered 30k and screen is scratched to hell, whereas my audi has done nearly 70k, still on original screen with no scratches in sight and this car has regular manually operated wipers.:eyebrows:

Maybe the sinsitivity can be turned down?? May be worth a post on the mkiv forum mate.

Is there a switch behind the rear view mirror that can make it slow down like a switch on a christmas lights? If yes it would be easy.