Thinking of leaving the 4 rings for a while

Randomjim

Reaction score
It's time for a change. Thinking of selling my 98 A4 1.8 non turbo for a fairly late mk3 golf vr6. Anyone have any thoughts about these? Just love the sound and brute power.

Nice car mate, I've had one. Just make sure it's got good history and the chains have been done as this is an expensive job. Oil useage is usual and VW claim that 1 ltr per 1000 miles to be normal.

Can be quite thirst on fuel, especially as they sound so nice you can't help keep the throttle wide open!

Just watchout for the thrashed boy racer cars that have had little servicing or care taken of them.

Damian

Thanks for that mate.

I've asked a lot of people about these and i keep getting told not to buy one.

:bye:will you still be lurking on the site?.. :crying:

Just got a R32 with DSG. Fantastic car, sounds great. Had a 2001 facelift S3 for 5 and a bit years, waited for the new S3 but did not think it was for me!

another one bites the dust... lol.

Was offered £3k for my car today even though it's not up for sale yet. Just can't decide what to get.

I'm going to have a look around at the no rice meet an see what takes my fancy......

Gozzer said:
Just got a R32 with DSG. Fantastic car, sounds great. Had a 2001 facelift S3 for 5 and a bit years, waited for the new S3 but did not think it was for me!

I drove a MK5 GTi with DSG last night. 1st time I've driven DSG and it's excellent :icon_thumright: